Jade 7/2/18 pmps 121/ second night no shot

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Jill & Jade, Jul 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jill & Jade

Jill & Jade Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 2, 2018
  2. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

If it was me, I would shoot 0.5u to see if it is possible to keep shooting that amount both morning and evening.

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  3. Jill & Jade

That's what her dose is starting today anyway, but what if she drops??

4. Jill & Jade

I've never shot this low....

5. Jill & Jade

I'm going to retest shortly just to make sure she's not still dropping.

6. Jill & Jade

She's at 147...gonna feed and give .5...thank you! Hope this works.

Amanda & Shmee likes this.
  7. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

Hi Jill,
    You might want to put the amps on her SS. Wish I could help!I know how it feels to be in a panic!

8. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Just keep testing to keep an eye on her.

9. Jill & Jade

ok....if she drops, I'll 911 again, for now I'll change it. Thanks again...

10. Jill & Jade

It should be... I put it there! And thanks! Now it’s the waiting game!!

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  11. Jill & Jade

Going to get the +2 shortly, if she’s still on the rise, am I ok to leave for a few hours?

12. Jill & Jade

And should I leave some 9% food down just in case??

13. Jill & Jade

Welp...shes 147 at +2 which is the same as her amps...now what?

14. Jill & Jade

so...109 at amps, stalled 30 minutes, she went up to 147, fed and shot .5 at +1 she was at 203 and +2 is 147 again.
    Can I leave for a few hours? Should I leave 9% down just in case? Or cancel my plans and stay home?

15. JoyBee&Ravan

Yesterday I had a similar situation. I was dressed ready to go to Lunch with my son & Checked Ravan's BG. It was Low. After feeding High carb it still didn't come up. Do I leave out food & go out? (going even to lunch for me is a BIG deal!) I rarely go anywhere.
    That decision is ultimately up to you. We all ask questions when we're very stressed out. I think we want to relinquish some responsibility (just a bit.) Not make the decision on our own. Then when we ask for an answer & don't get it . We do need to make that important decision on our own!

I hope everything worked out OK.This kinda thing will happen again & again . Little by little you'll get the confidence to do what you think is best.

One Day at a Time:)

Jill & Jade likes this.
  16. Mandy & Rex (GA)

I was out at lunch when you were posting. What did you decide to do? Me, I would have put down MC to slow any drop before going out the door.

Jill & Jade likes this.
  17. Jill & Jade

No worries. I opted to cancel my day plans and go to dinner instead. I just can’t leave her when I’m unsure. I’ll wait and test and hopefully go to dinner with a clear conscience!

18. Jill & Jade

Hope you had a lovely lunch!

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  19. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Looks like you would have been fine going out.

When your questions have been answered, do you mind removing the ? from the subject icon. Then put it back up if you have a second question. There are those of us who scan the board for questions, and it's good to know when they have been answered. Thanks.

Jill & Jade likes this.
  20. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Sorry I didn’t see this till now, hope you got to enjoy or going to enjoy dinner

Jill & Jade likes this.
  21. Jill & Jade

:bighug:

22. Jill & Jade

Heading out now! Couple hours and back to my girl!

23. Jill & Jade

Her s
    Her SS looks good, I think. Yes?

Bellasmom likes this.
  24. Bellasmom

You are doing a awesome job:bighug::bighug::bighug: have a great deserved dinner

Sue and Luci likes this.
  25. Jill & Jade

Wooooooohooooooo!!! I really hope the drop to .5 is going to work.:):):):):):)

26. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Sorry I wasn't here, but I would have just left some of her regular low carb food out and gone out for a few hours

The +2 was about the same as the PS, so usually they're going to have a pretty normal cycle....gradually down to nadir and then back up again

Bellasmom likes this.
  27. Bellasmom

We increased tonight to 1.25:(

28. Jill & Jade

No worries. I understand . I’m a little confused about her numbers this afternoon , but not panicky. Yet. Got out to have dinner and will keep an eye on her when I get home in a couple hours. Hope you had a good day. :)

29. Jill & Jade

So while I still have about 2 hours before our routine, since I have gone down to .5 units, is there a new safe number to shoot at? I wanna ask now so I don't fly off the handle at 11:00 if she's not at 150 or above.

30. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

i've been away for days. Hello, welcome, and looks like you've been getting good input....

you've shot a 155... so just start incrementally lowering your comfort level. As long as you are monitoring, you are doing fine, you are there to intervene if she needs it. And you have all of us to help you get thru it...

31. Jill & Jade

Well hello to you!! Is there a number that should be my cut off? I can't tell you how fortunate I am to have found this site!! And having you guys keeping an eye out for me means the world. Truly, thank you. And Shadow is lovely!!

32. Chris & China (GA)

There's no pat answer for this.

At first, we say if you get a PS under 150, to stall, don't feed and test again in 20-30 minutes but once you have a little more data, it becomes more of a judgement call

You gradually DO want to shoot lower numbers, but every time, you have to ask yourself:
    Am I able and willing to test as often as necessary for as long as necessary?
    Do I have plenty of supplies (strips, various carb foods, Karo/honey/syrup)?
    How comfortable am I with understanding how to "steer" numbers?

It's also a good idea to have the "How to deal with hypo's" information printed out and someplace you can get it if you need it. The message board has occasionally had a problem when people couldn't get signed on

Amanda & Shmee and Jill & Jade like this.
  33. Mandy & Rex (GA)

You shot a 147 this morning. How about you try 130 for cut off then work down a little bit each time?

FYI I am heading to bed. Good luck at PMPS! :bighug:

Just saw @Chris & China post... Like she said, it's totally your call. :)

34. Jill & Jade

35. Jill & Jade

Thank you, sleep well!
    Will Do!

36. Jill & Jade

I do have that Stickey saved in my notes on my phone and am setting up my printer this week so I can have it in a folder as well. I think that 130 sounds like a number I can be ok with shooting at...tonight I will wait until 11:15 since I shot at 11:30 this morning after the stall. Do the same rules apply? That if her +2 is equal to or greater than her pmps, that I can rest easy with her cycle? How are you and China feeling?

37. Jill & Jade

The "steering" of numbers is something I'm not comfortable with. Seeing her slip into a HYPO state is something that keeps me up at night. So, am I willing to do those things if it's an emergency? Of course. But am I comfortable possibly causing it by shooting too low? Makes me a bit sick to my stomach to be honest. Since she is pretty much staying out of the pink, I'd rather skip than shoot too low. IF it isn't harming her organs.

38. Chris & China (GA)

I wish there was a guarantee we could give you, but unfortunately, somebody broke our crystal ball years ago and we haven't found anybody to fix it.

Generally, yes.....the "+2" is a pretty good way to get an idea of what might be going on later in the cycle but it's still early in Jade's data-gathering to say for sure.

I won't be able to stay on late tonight because I put my DM back into PT so Tuesday's and Friday's are going to be really busy for me for awhile.

China's just snoozing along like the good little (fat) kitty she is!! I'm SO happy that I know her as well as I do, especially with as much as I have to be running around over the next few weeks. I really don't worry about her (much). She knows what she's doing....LOL

[​IMG]

39. Chris & China (GA)

There's really no need to drive yourself insane.....the whole reason we home test is so we KNOW what's going on!!

If they drop too much, too quickly, we just feed something a little higher carb to slow them down (and of course, test again later!)

I have to say that in all the time I've been here, I've never seen a symptomatic hypo in a cat that was being home tested routinely and hadn't accidentally been given the wrong amount of insulin.

We test to keep them safe!

Sue and Luci and Jill & Jade like this.
  40. Jill & Jade

Ha!! Thank you and sleep well!!!!

41. Jill & Jade

It really is a roller coaster ride, huh? Not a fan.

Bellasmom likes this.
  42. Chris & China (GA)

Oh I'll be here a little while longer.....Just can't stay up all night

We have an unwritten rule around here....If someone shoots a lower number than they're used to and posts for help, whoever answers either stays as long as necessary to advise or tells the person up front that they can't.

Once someone agrees to watch out for someone who's shooting low, they won't leave them until everybody is sure that the cat is going to be OK unless they find someone else with experience to take over

Bellasmom likes this.
  43. Jill & Jade

Ok... if she is lower than 130, I don’t think I’ll shoot and if she’s between 150- 130 I’ll ask for help, is that fair? I will be up at +2 and longer if something doesn’t feel or seen right. I have many different carbed foods! Went through that on Friday and man o man that gravy works fast!!

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  44. Jill & Jade

Well....we were about 30 minutes behind because of the morning stall. Her shoot times are 11-11. Tonight I tested her at 11:15 and got a 137 and waited 15 more to retest just to see which way she was headed. It was 121. Seems like a big drop in 15 minutes, but I'm pretty new to this, so I'm not sure about that. I'm not comfortable enough yet to shoot that low, so opted to skip. This morning was her first reduction down to .5 Unit. Not sure what to expect in the am? What are the signs of remission? Constant greens? DO her lower numbers mean the Insulin is working or just the opposite? :banghead:

45. Chris & China (GA)

it's actually "about the same".....one of the hardest parts to remember is that ALL meters are allowed to have a 20% variance, so 137 and 121 are really pretty much the same number

That's fine.....get some sleep tonight!! Also, since you're skipping IF YOU WANT, you can shoot anytime that works for you in the morning (as long as you can shoot 12 hours later)

Quick question (I can't remember all the details about all the cats I help with)….Was Jade ever on steroids?

Jill & Jade likes this.
  46. Jill & Jade

Never on steroids, nope. I'll probably try to stay close to the 11-11 unless I need to stall like this morning. And stick with .5 unit, yes?
    Thanks, Chris!:bighug:

47. Chris & China (GA)

Yes

Jill & Jade likes this.
  48. JoyBee&Ravan

Jade & you are doing so good! I dream of blue numbers like hers for Ravan!
    I don't know much about computers,(Chris does) but if you had all the cells small & moved all the notes to the right it would make it a lot easier for you to see her numbers so you can quickly follow what's going on with her BG.(just a suggestion.)
    Keep up the good work!:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.