July 19 Felix AMPS=60, +2=40 ... PMPS=230

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Susan&Felix(GA), Jul 19, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

so much for yesterday's patience pants

+2=40
    I've been edging Felix's dose down from a fat 3 units in fussy little increments over the past few days, so I'm not sure what the depot's influence is right now.:confused: Another possible factor is that he's been getting his shots 15 minutes early each cycle to get him back on schedule from the +13.25 shot on July 17 PM.

I'm thinking of reducing to 2.75 tonight, but maybe more like 2.5f (not sure I can determine 2.75s!) if I'm intervening for an extended period today. That fat 3 units served well for quite a while, but it'd be nice to get back on regular .25 increments if he's entering a phase of dose adjustments.

Our regular reduction plan would be for once under 40 or three times under 50, which technically hasn't been met, but it seems to me that he's ready for less juice now.

About to retest...
    ...+2.5=67
    So the honey worked nicely, but the next test will be more indicative of how things are really going. He's hungry and just had a small amount of his regular food.

2. Susan&Felix(GA)

Having some trouble raising his BG despite quite a bit of honey today (2-3 drops at a time), and now he won't eat any wet food at all. Having to resort to higher carb kibble, and may have to swipe his gums with the honey. I think we're going to see the end of this long run of greens he's had, but from where we are now, that sounds just fine.

3. Susan&Felix(GA)

Four Greenies drizzled with honey at +5.25.

He's earned the reduction for real now! Opinions welcome on what that dose should be.

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Having trouble raising BGs is another good reason to reduce. You might want to think about a BCS tonight to drain the depot. Or a skip if you want to catch up on sleep. He will recover, no matter which you do. Maybe try 2.5 units tomorrow. There is something to be said about getting back on the lines. You can always go back up if you need to.

5. Susan&Felix(GA)

Whew, finally back up over 50 again. And now he decides a little wet food would be all right after all.:banghead:

We worked our way very gradually to TR because I was afraid his lack of enthusiasm about wet food could be a problem. But over time, he got used to the kibbleless lifestyle, plus he's extra hungry with lower numbers, which helps. Hope today was just a blip.

In addition to the dosing advice, thanks for this. I know it, and yet you know a part of me was thinking: Ruined! :arghh: We'll never see green again! Woe is me!

Sue and Luci likes this.
  6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Felix came back up for you. Congrats on the reducie.

Susan&Felix(GA) likes this.
  7. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Congrats on reducie

Susan&Felix(GA) likes this.
  8. Susan&Felix(GA)

PMPS=230
    Gave him a BCS of 1.5 units tonight, and expect to begin 2.5 units tomorrow morning.

He's tired of all the extra ear pokes from the last few days, but he's been such a good, brave kittyman.:cat:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.