Lantus Coupon

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Alex1313, Dec 7, 2018.

1. Alex1313

Alex1313 Member

I downloaded the Lantus coupon and am going to try and use it. Has anyone been denied the use of the coupon because the prescription is being filled for a cat and not a human? If so, was it a specific pharmacy that refused or did you try others? I think I saw in my search through posts that people have had success using it at Costco?

2. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Do you mean the Lantus Savings Card?

If so, the company won't honor it if they know it's for a cat. As for individual pharmacies, it's pretty much up to them.

Most of us are buying our Lantus from Canada because we couldn't get the savings card to work.

Information on buying Lantus from Canada

3. Barbara & Uncle (GA)

Barbara & Uncle (GA) Well-Known Member

I was one of the lucky ones who was able to use the coupon with no problem. My local Rite Aid knew it was for my diabetic cat and had no problem as long as I had the prescription from my vet. Good luck!!!

Krystina & Nelli likes this.
  4. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

I had in the past a coupon for a free vial and the pharmacy excepted and they knew for feline, the only thing I had to make sure and tell them is that he was 18yo

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

It seems to be hit or miss if the card works or not. Sometimes it works for a while and then quits working.

Bellasmom likes this.
  6. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Worked for me at a small community pharmacy.

7. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

It worked for me at Costco. They knew it was a vet Rx. No problem. Good luck!

8. Moms2Tigger&Blu

Moms2Tigger&Blu Member

My pharmacy knew it was for a cat and let me use GoodRx - even helped me do it. Granted it was still $170 but that was way better than $300!

Alex1313 likes this.
  9. Teresa & Buddy

Teresa & Buddy Well-Known Member

I had a card and tried to use it at Walgreen's and it did not work.

10. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

The Costco here in Naples, FL turned me down flat last year when I tried to use that card. That was the only place I attempted to use it. Never tried again.