ME Profile Merrick LID Duck

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by lenistar, Dec 7, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lenistar

lenistar Member

Hi, everyone,

So I've been trying to pick a new food for my cat, Dusty, who has IBD, CKD and a history of high blood sugar (was once declared pre-diabetic but never diabetic and his blood sugar is fine now). I recently wrote to Merrick to ask for the ME profile and the attached is what they sent me. Does the duck seem odd? That such a high percentage of calories would come from fat and so few from protein? Also, in Dr. Pierson's chart, the carbs are listed at 15%. I'm wondering if maybe the rep from Merrick misunderstood me when I asked for the ME profile...

I've been back and forth with the Merrick rep, and it's been a frustrating process. Has anyone on here any information about this food? They're unfortunately closed for the weekend and I'd like to start transitioning Dusty tonight since I only have so many cans of his previous food left (they changed formulas).

Also any thoughts on giving a food with guar gum to an IBD cat? Really the only thing that's attracting me to the Merrick is the low phosphorus level. If it weren't for that, I'd probably transition him to the RAWZ duck. They've been so helpful when I've reached out to them and it seems like they use really high quality ingredients. But the phosphorus is 327 mg/100kcal, which concerns me given his CKD (last creatinine was 1.9, though just prior to that it had measured 2.1).

Thank you so much for any input!

All my best to everyone and their kitties,
    Leni

Attached Files:

2. majandra

majandra Well-Known Member

I had recently emailed them, and pretty sure I got different values as well.
    Ducks are all dark meat iirc, which may account for some of the fat content.
    When I am back to my computer I will link you to my post of merrick values.

3. lenistar

lenistar Member

Thank you very much! I really appreciate that!

4. majandra

majandra Well-Known Member

Here is the link to the topic I had created: Here
    I can't find a way to save the chart they embedded in the email, so it looks pretty awful.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.