Meet Mistress Mena...

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Cris C, Jul 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cris C

Cris C New Member

Mena is the Queen of our house....Mistress of all she surveys. For 11 years she has taken little cr#% from either myself or the other furry kids. I know the sound of her hiss like my childs own voice! She was a stray rescue, and was never the girl to cuddle or snuggle in her youth. But in the last 2 years we have reached a comfortable "sit up against each other but don't you dare say I cuddle" kind of love. This may have been the beginning of her illness and I missed all the signs :( I want to learn all I can here to help her.... that stubborn Queen is more of who I am than any kitty I've ever had :D

Of course her diagnosis event/crisis happened when I was out of town and with the help of a dedicated pet nanny and one of the great members of this board, I survived her hospitalization with part of my sanity. Was directed here and learned beginnings about BG testing (youngest cat was my test subject last weekend poor guy), food and insulin. As most reported, my vet was not against home testing but says "nobody does that". We shall see!

Mena has been home for <1 week and I am taking very good notes. I was advised to start a spreadsheet and have seen them in signatures. Could someone direct me to where I could get info on how to get started?

The journey begins!

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

Welcome.
    To setup a spreadsheet see:
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/fdmb-spreadsheet-instructions.130337/
    For specific questions it is recommended that you post in the Health forum.
    When you post with a specific question please include, as applicable:
    - What you are feeding. A low-carb canned is best. No reason for a prescription food. Here is a list of commercial low-carb canned

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/shortcut-shopping-list-all-8-or-less-updated.117688/
    - What insulin are you using and what dose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.