? Mimi 11/27. High flat numbers in 3rd cycle of increased dose.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mimis mom, Nov 29, 2019.

1. Mimis mom

Mimis mom Well-Known Member

2. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

I hope Mimi can work this new dose. Get back to the beach Mimi...that's where the party is happening!
    Good luck and have a great day!

Mimis mom likes this.
  3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

Sorry I'm so late seeing your post today - this holiday stuff is crazy!

Hope Mimi will get busy on that increase and do her thing soon! You're doing a great job testing... :)

4. Mimis mom

She’s been yellow for days now - I can’t imagine that feels great to her? Does high BG make them feel like crap?

5. Mimis mom

Her numbers are still pretty high- what could be happening?
    The better news is she’s not dropping or rising huge amounts like she has in the past (ie one hour 200, next 120 or something like that)
    she’s doing smaller curves but I can’t seem to get her out of yellow. :(

@Gill & George
    @Marje and Gracie
    @Wendy&Neko
    @Sienne and Gabby (GA)

any thoughts?

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

There's a possibility she saw some blue today. Regardless, keep holding the dose for a total of six cycles, then re-evaluate. So three more cycles after tonight. It's been quite a while since she last saw some green. I expect there might be a bit of glucose toxicity present. That just means you'll have to keep following the protocol and increasing when you can.

7. Mimis mom

She dropped today to 167- but we need to see some green right? Is green what we want to see just in the nadir not the whole cycle or is that a goal too? I can’t recall

8. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

Nice to see those blues. In an ideal world we would just see a sea of green in all our kitties. That said we need to wait to see where the dosecrease takes her.
    • We know that it can take up to 6 cycles to see the ful effect of the dose that would see you holding a couple more cycle on the 1.25u.
    • On TR when we start to see those blues, we may have to hole a little loner than the 6 cycles.

Mimis mom likes this.
  9. Mimis mom

Thanks!!!