? Mimi 3/21 PMBG 21, waited till +13,got 151 and shot reduced dose.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Mimis mom, Mar 21, 2020.

1. Mimis mom

Mimis mom Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 24, 2020
  2. Mimis mom

Took another one straight after the 21 and I got 38

3. Mimis mom

I’ve been home all night and thought “maybe I should get a +10” to see if she’s clearing a bounce or I don’t know just because it’s good to have data and this number took me right by surprise!

At +10 she was sitting next to the other cat and seemed like she wanted to fight him but then they started licking each other. I know when her blood sugar is low she actually has a surprising amount of energy, is that because she also feels kind of good? (I mean low like 80 and above)

Sonia & Leo likes this.
  4. Mimis mom

SS updated, just waiting to test again.. where is everyone? Aren't we all stuck inside??

5. Mimis mom

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
  6. Mimis mom

just got 97, so should I shoot but shoot the reduced dose??? we are at +12.5

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Wait to shoot or skip. A skip will help drain that nasty depot. And please change your subject line to read +12 21 or PMBG 21 so we know you didn't shoot that. :eek:

Please up date the spreadsheet. I don't know when you gave HC and when the 21 was in relation to the 97. I would wait at least another half hour and if she has zoomed up a lot more, you can decide if you want to shoot.

Mimis mom likes this.
  8. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Whoa!!!!!

where did that number come from, Ms. Mimi??????

A skip seems like a very wise choice tonight. At least one more test though, to make sure she's behaving herself!

Sorry you didn't get timely responses, glad you were on top of things!!!

Mimis mom likes this.
  9. Judy and Freckles

Judy and Freckles Well-Known Member

Oh she's sure keeping you on your toes!

Mimis mom likes this.
  10. Mimis mom

Hi! I hadn't fed her anything before I got that low number, but she meowing a lot before I did the test (her hunger meow) and I almost fed her quick and then got a test just because she seemed really hungry.
    After the 21, I tested again and got 38 (just to make sure it wasn't a wonky strip, because, 21..?) Then I fed her HC, and got so scared I smeared the corn syrup on her gums.

I ended up shooting her at +13 because she shot up to 151, was that ok?
    She hasn't eaten since +12.5, and its currently +13.5

11. Mimis mom

never again will I assume she can only have a crazy low number by her nadir.. just when I think Ive figured it out a little, this happens! Now I for sure have to test her at all times, even if her numbers were high all day.
    I really thought because she was around 150 at the nadir, I should just get that PMPS number and be fine. I almost had a heart attack when I saw 21.. I was like, wait, is this machine BROKEN?

12. Mimis mom

that she is... now I feel like I can never go away for a couple of days unless I Get someone to be willing to literally stay here and act as me. lol

13. Judy and Freckles

No doubt! Sometimes these little ones like to surprise us. I wonder if this was her low, or if she was lower earlier? Good thing you caught it. Kids these days!

Mimis mom likes this.
  14. Mimis mom

I know it!!! I’m so curious to know what she was at like +9-10

her +1.5 is 150, but she last ate at a couple of hours ago- just fed again, her regular LC raw

15. Judy and Freckles

Make sure you make a note in your comments section as to what you are feeding and when - so you will know for next time (and there will probably be a next time! :rolleyes:)

16. Mimis mom

+3 127

man, should I have not given her the shot?

last ate at +1-+2

17. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I'd test again in a couple hours to make sure she's not playing tricks tonight. At least the HC is worn off now.

Mimis mom and Judy and Freckles like this.
  18. Mimis mom

Ok! thanks Wendy!
    I just fed her some of her regular LC, I’m going to try and get a couple more hours of sleep and then get up and test her.

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  19. Mimis mom

232 at the nadir, oh, Mimi..
    What a bounce...

20. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

For some reason I did not get the tag last night. I'm glad Mimi was okay.

Mimis mom likes this.
  21. Briere Fur Mom

Briere Fur Mom Well-Known Member

Rosa, I'm glad you caught that low #. You rock! Mimi's lucky to have you.
    If you want, you can try tagging me if no one is getting back up with you quick enough. I'm no expert but, I can help keep Mimi outta the weeds and provide some emotional support for you. Judy and Freckles has been there for you several times too. I'd tag them as well. The very least I can do, is tag people and monitor your thread while you're helping Mimi. Sorry to be "forward" and I hope I haven't overstepped my bounds by making such a suggestion:bighug: I'm usually up until at least midnight EST.
    I hope you have a good day and recoup some rest. Mimi be good:cool::D

Mimis mom and Sonia & Leo like this.
  22. Mimis mom

Ok thanks! I always figured tagging is for the moderators or the senior members- but you’re right it’s good for emotional support!

23. Judy and Freckles

I don't have much experience on low numbers seeing as Freckles keeps climbing in the other direction :rolleyes: but I can certainly find the info on this forum when need be or help in tagging others! You are doing awesome Rosa... and darn that little Mimi... she's such a little cutie pie! :cat:

Mimis mom and Briere Fur Mom like this.