Need an advice

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Felix and Irina, Aug 8, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Felix and Irina

Felix and Irina Member

My cat's ears becoming very sore from all the pocking. It is getting hard to check his BG every time.. any suggestions how to make it easier and less painful for him? I just feel so bad for him..

2. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Do you put neosporin ointment with pain relief on?

Also lightly squeeze the test spot afterwards to stop bleeding and prevent bruising.

Felix and Irina likes this.
  3. Felix and Irina

Felix and Irina Member

Thank you, yes I am doing both..

4. vbc2000

vbc2000 Member

I read, somewhere that cat's ears don't have nerves. Could that be true?

5. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

I would just make sure you're not hitting the marginal vein. I believe that hurts a bit. We've all done it but you should be aiming for the "sweet spot". When I accidentally hit the vein my Beenie flinches a little so I would imagine if your poking there consistently it would be uncomfortable. I don't have the picture that is floating around the board but I'll try and find it and post it. ;)

6. Beenie (GA)

Beenie (GA) Well-Known Member

7. Tanya and Ducia

Tanya and Ducia Well-Known Member

Hi Irina,

Here are the links to two more products popular here.

One is Ledum - dissolve 1 pellet in 4 Tbs of purified (I use filtered/boiled/chilled, not tap) water and apply 2-3 drops after each poke.
    Boiron Ledum paulstre 30C -- 80 Pellets

Another one is also homeopathic HALO - apply twice/day.

I read that mother nature took care of the cat's ears - because ears were getting most of the beating/scratching in cat fights thru the evolutionary processes over centuries/ thousands of years fewer nerves were developed in that troubled area. I hope it's true and they feel not too much of a pain as everyone believes here. Halo heals not only the ears - any small wound or a scratch too.

8. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

This is absolutely true......think of how many old tom cats you've seen with chewed up ears due to getting in to fights with each other!.....Mother Nature knew what she was doing so there aren't a lot of nerve endings along the edges

vbc2000 likes this.
  9. Felix and Irina

Felix and Irina Member

Thank you guys!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.