New here and need dosing/feeding advice with Caninsulin

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Blue&Nikkie, Jun 15, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Blue&Nikkie

Blue&Nikkie New Member

2. scoobydoox

scoobydoox Member

Hello and welcome. There was a member awhile back from the netherlands that runs a group over there and helps with dosing with vetsulin. @Nederland
    I dont have the link to the group but maybe someone else does? @Elizabeth and Bertie is there a netherlands food list?

With vetsulin you need to feed and then either wait a bit or give shot after feeding. How many units are you giving to start? It is harder faster acting insulin so the nadir can be 4 hours later.

3. Alexi

Alexi Member

I think Jennie (Nederland) was away on a long trip. I am concerned about the dose Blue is getting (7 units) and Nikkie was going to set up a spreadsheet tonight, she is home testing. @Ruby&Baco has offered to help with food transition but we do need to see those numbers to be able to advise properly.

Ruby&Baco likes this.
  4. Ruby&Baco

Ruby&Baco Well-Known Member

I've already helped Nienke with here food schedule for Blue.!

5. Ruby&Baco

Ruby&Baco Well-Known Member

I just made a slow transition to raw food (called KVV), Cosma is a great wet food that has some carbs in it but not much. So she can slowly let Blue adjust to raw food with the help of Cosma.
    Take a look (it’s in grams)
    Blue will stick to 280 grams a day for now.

Attached Files:

6. Dyana

Dyana Well-Known Member

I read through the posts and maybe I missed it, but I don't see anyone posting about when transitioning to lower carb foods, the insulin dose may and probably will need to be reduced. Please test often, especially during what you think are Blue's lowest points (nadirs) and always before giving every shot.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.