Hi everyone, Please forgive me in advance for a very long first post! It's partly Lily's history and partly my long-overdue venting. Lily will be 14 next month. She was diagnosed with FD over 1 year ago while we were living out of state (NY). I originally brought her in because of her worsening hind legs -- wobbly, walking on her heels, etc. Our vet in CA had thought the weakness was arthritis, but as time went on, the problem got worse. The NY vet did bloodwork and determined she was diabetic w/neuropathy. Started her on ProZinc SLGS and she leveled off after several months at about 7 units q12h. I gave her methylcobalamin and while it took a long time, her hind legs eventually improved. After returning to California (YAY!) in October, I took her our CA vet and saw a partner who scolded me for "falling for marketing" (?!?!) by feeding her low carb/high protein food liike TikiCat and for not using AlphaTrak glucometer -- UGH. This doc seemed to think she was well-regulated at the time but wanted me to put her on m/d or d/m food, which I reluctantly tried. Since then, her BGs were getting steadily higher. I bought a new bottle of ProZinc thinking the one I had may have been compromised in my tiny fridge. No change, so I increase her from 7 to 8 units. Mild improvement but not to my liking. (I know my testing protocols leave a lot to be desired -- I'm working on that!) On May 7th I brought Lily back to my regular vet to see about getting her regulated, if I needed to switch insulin products and to look at a soft lump on her ankle. This was during pandemic protocols so I had to wait in the car outside while the vet did the exam. Afterwards, vet started talking about insulin resistance, acromegaly, dental plaque, thyroid problems, vascular tumors (on her ankle), GI sonograms... I can't afford the testing and tx for Acro so we just went with new insulin -- Lantus, starting at 1 unit q12h, and I succumbed to vet pressure and got the AlphaTrak after a year w/ReliOn Prime. (I got some help from my dtr paying for the exam, labs and insulin, thank goodness.) Six days since starting Lantus and Lily's numbers are higher than they were before. Vet said not to increase for a week and said she had consulted an IM specialist on the starting protocol but I'm upset about the tiny dose. I’ll save my food questions for a separate post. We are on LC FF for the most part. May 7 labs: (T4 WNL, ketones neg., fructosamine 436.) What should we do? Is this really insulin resistance? Lily's NEVER been hypo to my knowledge, but I am prepared with a kit. Is "pre shot" meant to be pre- or post-prandial (eating)? She's way too stressed before eating to get BG. I She gets her shot <5-20 min after breakfast/dinner. Should there really be a line in the SS for every day, even if I don't test that day? I apologize again for this being long. Life has been extremely challenging and complicated for all of us. Thanks for any advice and support. Thank you also to @@Marje and Gracie for help getting started.