Pig 1/22 : amps 340; +4.5 323; +9 382; +10 375; pmps 372; +1 350; +2 342; +3 321

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LuvinThisPig, Jan 22, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

Yesterday

So, slow going day. We made the increase to 18uL this morning. He seems to be feeling alright, just slow and tired. The upper 300's are not fun. Appetite is good, but we need to see more yellow tonight. Hope to add R back in tonight. Pmps will determine how much to give. @Wendy&Neko you did suggest a .75uR dose if upper 400's, correct? With .5ur when in the 300's and anything less a .25uR.

Do we think a R raise is warranted? Not chomping the bit, just curious. His drops have seemed to back off slightly, even with the R, to around 30-50pnts....

Here is to a good run tonight!

2. LuvinThisPig

I am also really concerned about the damage that is going on in his little unregulated body.... Is there any preventative care for, say, his kidneys and liver? I am decreasing the phosphorus as much as possible and have ordered Weruva Fowl ball which comes in below the recommended 200mg phosphorus per 100Kcal. However, I have no idea on anything else. Any suggestions would be great!

3. LuvinThisPig

Actually, and please correct me if I am wrong, I am trying to learn, it seems as if, for now, we might be good at the current R dosage scale. Pig, while not exactly where I would like him to be, seems to be fairly steady. I also notice that he really likes the mid 300's. For example, back on the 6th he hit a low of 271 and I saw a major spike in response during the pm cycle on the 8th. I cannot remember why, but his L increase had been done a cycle early. He increased on the 5th cycle rather than the 6th and I do remember telling my mother that I felt that was just way to fast for him. As in, he is addicted to the 300's and any move from there needs to be slow and gradual. So, being super gentle with Pig's system, the .5uR seems to be doing its job.

It is pulling the numbers down and allowing the L to grab hold and hold them down. I can absolutely see its effects in the concurrent cycles as his L dosage has never really 'moved' his numbers much. I think gentle is good with Pig. To aggressive and he throws a temper tantrum.

Am I assessing things right?

For now, unless otherwise instructed, I will stick with the process I have been using. We are on 18uL and this is the second cycle. Pig likes the addition of the .5uR and his numbers are telling me that is where we will stay tonight.

4. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

I think you answered your own question? :) I can't dose or give you advise on the dose. Just wanted to give you support and say keep those patience pants on. Phoebe saw 24 before the break through. The R will do it's job with the right amount L.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  5. LuvinThisPig

Yes, I do believe you are right. I will say, though, these patience pants are very hard to wear sometimes and incredibly uncomfortable. However, I totally understand their importance. We are nearing the break, I feel. I hope. We will get there, just as we will find a way to pay for SRT. Its a very hard dance, but the most worthwhile endeavor. Thank you. You help a lot, really. I think Pig handles this thing far better than I do!

6. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

They handle it wsy better cause they lead. We just try and dance along to their tempo. Sometimes my pants shrink in the dryer. Big hugs momma bean.

7. LuvinThisPig

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Phoebes (GA) likes this.
  8. LuvinThisPig

Well, he is holding steady in the range he prefers... smh. So, we are moving ahead with .5uR tonight. Hoping for yellows, but doubtful we will see them tonight. Maybe tomorrow's cycle will be different.

pmps 372

9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Glad Pig made the decision easy for you.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  10. LuvinThisPig

He is a tremendous help, that is for sure. In fact, he seems to know exactly what he needs. It is just up to me to learn how to listen to him. He tells me what I need to know. :smuggrin:

11. LuvinThisPig

I cannot wait to get this Cisapride compounded into an ear gel! The angry growls come out after we get a squirt of it in the mouth. Such a grumpy child. But, still being a good boy and sitting steady.

+1 350

12. LuvinThisPig

Now to gently coast into a steady run...

+2 342

13. LuvinThisPig

Seeing a little more movement tonight with the L increase this morning. I'm interested to see if he holds the response or cycles back as he usually does. Let us hope he holds. Of course, it takes more time to see L's full effects, correct?

+3 321

14. LuvinThisPig

Laying flat and looking good...

+ 319

Preparing snack... He will eat around + 4.5

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.