Pig + 10 267; amps 267

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LuvinThisPig, Jun 23, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

Yesterday's

*Sigh*… I mean, blah on these yellows. :facepalm:

But, I will say this. These yellows have actually taught me something. I am reverting back to the reaction that he had when I was making the diet switch over to Raw in this one. Both times I switched him to raw after SRT (once because we ran out), he saw very high yellow numbers. I do NOT think it was the raw, itself, but I do think, and even more so now, that it is a digestive reaction of sorts.

Last low and close to hypo number he got, I gave 1 tablespoon of the FF gravy lovers. Within 2 cycles he became very constipated. Which is odd at this stage of the game because he has been doing so very well. Well, I got him leveled back out and he was being consistent with no bladder swelling or discomfort, until almost directly after I gave those 2 tablespoons of FF gravy lovers the other day to combat that lime. Now he is super constipated and I am believing that that is partially where these yellows are coming from.

Granted, I did cut him back significantly on dose... And we are still seeing the effects of the BCS... But, not this dramatically, I do not think. I will know for sure if the 5uR I gave does nothing to his numbers. I think he is just so very sensitive to change.

Still researching SEB. I know.. I am paranoid.

2. LuvinThisPig

I plan to try the SEB tonight. 1 teaspoon to 1 cup water. I will give it around +6 in the pm cycle to see if we can improve on his motility a bit...

3. LuvinThisPig

Well.... Tested out the Bob's Red Mill Rice Flour at +7 today. Its official. 1/8 teaspoon will effectively raise him by 1 glucose point. 1 point. Haha... Maybe honey mixed in would be the better idea.

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Neko had a crappy reaction to the Gravy Lovers wheat as well, pun intended. I moved to HC with potato for carbs, some of the Weruva products.

Pig is entitled to bounce after unfamiliar lime green. I see he has recovered, or more rather too much R. I wouldn't count this as a reduction. I found when I went down the Lev scale, I had to reduce the amount of R I gave. Given how fast he is recovering bounces and spending most of the time in green, I would be very light handed on the R, if at all at this point.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  5. LuvinThisPig

Absolutley. I did actually reduce the amount of R from what his current scale called for. Maybe not enough. I had planned to dose 18u again tonight and hold it for a few cycles as long as he did not dip into the lime.

So, he can still bounce? I guess I was under the impression that as time went on and that toxicity cleared, then the bounces would clear with it. I never even considered a bounce.

I am in totally new territory here with these reductions. Its so hard to isolate a dose..

I will look into the Weruva. I have potato flakes I could add as well. And I'm sure he would gobble honey with his raw, no problem.

6. Wendy&Neko

Honey works too. A bit tricky getting consistent amounts.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  7. LuvinThisPig

He is pretty much surfing it out today, but I'm not a fan of how close he is getting to hypo status... I'm going to try the honey and see if that will bring him up a bit. I am finding it harder and harder to pull him back up. I guess that's a change with SRT.

8. Wendy&Neko

SRT didn't impact Neko that way.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  9. LuvinThisPig

Hmmm... I don't know then. It just has become very hard to influence his low numbers. Its like he gets stuck in a run and not much of anything will change it. I gave 2 tablespoons HC the other night with almost no effect... Its so weird. And a bit unnerving..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.