Pig 2/17 amps 375; +3 350; +6 315; +8 334 (!) GREAT NEWS TODAY! (!)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LuvinThisPig, Feb 17, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

Yesterday's

So, tonight we will be raising Pig's Levemir dose to 23u. I have not even seen a hint of yellow the past four cycles, so we will be fast-tracking the Levemir till we get him into a more acceptable dose. With that being said, he seems to be handling it fairly well. I hate when he is in higher numbers as you can tell he just does not feel terribly great.

Now, on to the GREAT news!!

For quite a while now, I have been working the background on a little project. Actually, a big project. A very important one, indeed. On top of school, work, and taking care of my two lovelies, I have been trying to promote awareness about Feline Acromegaly and Diabetes. I have worked very hard to craft a few articles and network our personal story. Well, I finally got our break!!

As of today, Pig's story has been published in a prominent cat blog called meowsnpaws! I am so very excited and invite everyone to go and check it out! There is a lot of information there (I am always longwinded - I am an English Major after all :smuggrin:). However, I am sure you all will already know all of this! :D I made sure to mention the FDMB several times in hopes that many will find their way here!! @Wendy&Neko helped me to develop the article linked at the bottom and I just think this is all so fantastic!!

Please, stop in and take a look! Hopefully this will help out Acros and Diabetics everywhere and gain a bit of awareness! I am not done, either... I will continue to put the word out!

https://www.meowsnpaws.com/cat-care/feline-acromegaly/

2. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Congratulations!

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  3. LuvinThisPig

:bighug:Thank you!! :bighug:

I really hope this helps others find there way here or, at the very least, to the proper medical care and tests!

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  4. Steph & Quintus & L & O

Steph & Quintus & L & O Well-Known Member

whee, congrats! *off to read the article*

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  5. LuvinThisPig

Oh! Please tell me what you think!! I am eager to hear from other sugar parents!!

And, thank you!!! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

6. Steph & Quintus & L & O

Steph & Quintus & L & O Well-Known Member

I thought it was very clearly explained, and that at the same time you give a bunch of technical details, but it's also an emotional read. Good mix! Well done :)

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  7. LuvinThisPig

Yay!!! It seems that it has gotten a fair amount of veiws already! I really hope, hope this helps some kitties!!

8. LuvinThisPig

Hmm.. Looks as if the Levemir depot is building. Still making the increase tonight, though, as no yellow yet.

9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I am glad the article is getting some views.

Good luck with the increase.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  10. LuvinThisPig

And thank you for all of your help! Your advice was priceless!

I am hoping this sees us some yellows! He got close today.. 315. That was his +6, which prematurely, looks to be his nadir with Lev. It is too soon to tell, really, so giving it a bit more time..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.