Pig 2/18 amps 285; +3 342; +6 322; pmps 337 YELLOW PS!

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LuvinThisPig, Feb 18, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

Yesterday's

Yay! So, we enter only our 6th cycle on Levemir and already we see yellow ps! However, I have noticed the later nadir and the lap over. Not to mention, the Lantus is still in play.

Either way, since we are seeing yellow on just one cycle of the raise, I think we will slow the fast track a bit. With Pig and his propensity to bounce all over the place... It might be a good idea to let him hang a full 6 cycles at 23u before raising. Allow him to adjust. But, it will be interesting to see what the next few cycles bring.

I am curious, since there are later nadirs and, thus, lower ps numbers... How do you gauge the R dosage if your scale is based on ps numbers? I feel like I am learning a while new game... Haha. I guess it is. I like this one better, though..

Sean & Rufus and MJW like this.
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Yeah for yellow!

For R, you experiment all over again. Try your old dose and see how many points it brings him down. You are still following the principles of laying the R cycle on top of the L cycle to make sure there are no fast drops. Just the L cycle underneath has changed. I found Lev easier for giving R, cause with the later Lev onset, there is a good chance the R will be mostly done by the time Lev takes over. Less chance of fast drops from action from both R and L at the same time. R does it's work and gives the L a nicer number to start with.

3. LuvinThisPig

:woot::cat::woot:

Just so I am sure that I am clear, you mean the previous R scale. As in <275 .25uR; 275-350 .5uR; and >350 .75uR? When do you recommend we start that back up? On the next time that I can monitor correctly?

Yes.... This makes tremendous sense. It actually is a little easier for me to understand the patterns this way. As Levemir's previous cycle is waning, the R is just coasting in, and as the R is wearing off, the L is gearing back up... This seems as if it will work for steadier cycles as well. More control and flatter numbers.

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Yes, stick with the same R scale for now. If you are going for six cycles on this dose, you can try R again as you were before, ie. not on the first cycle of an increase.

5. LuvinThisPig

Well, it would seem that Pig is going to decide his own dosing approach. I will wait to see if there is some improvement on the next cycle to decide if we should slow the fast track. He had the initial reaction and now is working his way back up, as usual... Thoughts?

6. LuvinThisPig

I recently raised it, just before the switch to Lev. So, I only had a few runs with the new scale. I know I am being a dunce, but go with the older one or the newer, increased one? And, maybe I should wait out the rest of cycle 4 to see if there is more improvement before I decide. He seems to be going back into his comfort zones now. I am not sure we will see another yellow with this dose.

7. LuvinThisPig

Also, my work schedule will allow me to test better tomorrow.. I should be able to run a fairly even curve and get some of those later test times in, which I think, at this point, is crucial.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.