Pig 2/26 amps 346; +3 344; +5 369; +9 328; pmps 394; +3 327

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LuvinThisPig, Feb 26, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

Yesterday's

Well, he had such a tremendous day yesterday it is only fitting, per Pig's style, that he dance in pink today... **sigh** :rolleyes:

With that being said, he had such a wonderful day yesterday and he was so much more himself. He was almost back to the Pig I know! He even went to bed before me and waited on me to get there, not the other way around! This was huge.

Also, I think it is time to start discussions about strategic R dosing. As in, maybe he can benefit from stacking a dose or dosing outside of the 12hr norm... I need to do something. I know, patience pants. :p I just feel very strongly about discussing alternate dosing ideas. I would offer suggestions, but I do not even have the slightest clue where to begin!

2. LuvinThisPig

Oh! Yes he has some grumbly tumblys for sure and the outcome of all those grumbles... Whew! They are awful!

Yes, this is what I was thinking about the IM vet. He had sonograms ran just a few months ago as we searched for what was wrong and everything was picture perfect save for the constipation. Furthermore, blood tests still come back clean. I think the faster I move on SRT the better.

I will have to say that I agree on the headaches, except I have not seen him wanting a stronger touch. Actually, he seems to be light sensitive when he is in higher numbers and gets rather grumpy. As in... Do not poke the Pig.

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Good idea to start thinking about the R. I used to shoot sometimes twice in the cycle, the second time when Neko was firmly on her way up. But she had unusual onset and nadir times for R. What do you think are the R onset/nadir/duration? How does that compare to the Lev?

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  4. LuvinThisPig

Okay. From what I can tell thus far, the R's onset is more around the +3 time with the Nadir at about +4, with this being about the duration. That is, unless the R is doing nothing and I am seeing the Levemir kick in at this point. Which, could be possible considering that where he is at around the +5 hour is about where he is going to stay. Now, he does seem to have a dip around the +7-+9 as well, so perhaps I am seeing the R at those earlier hours.

5. LuvinThisPig

He does seem to be heading into a good, strong bounce today. I am holding out for the +7-+9... Maybe he will come down. I would like to try stacking the R tonight, provided he is not breaking this little fit of his...

6. LuvinThisPig

Scratch the R trial tonight.. He is due for an increase of Lev.. I will be moving him to the full 30u.

7. saltycat

saltycat Well-Known Member

I recall your vet not getting the IAA test done with the Acro test. Jack was acro & IAA. I noticed the R insulin tended to take longer to kick in and affected the next cycle as well. I don't know for sure, but suspect the IAA was responsible for the delayed response.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  8. LuvinThisPig

Yes! This is precisely it. I see a very minimal drop around the +3, but that could easily be a food spike ending and the Lev kicking in just slightly. I use to test around the +2, but then realized there was really nothing to tell from it. So, I always get the +3 and +4 as that shows me R. By the +5 he is pretty steady, so I imagine the R is at its peak and wearing off. However, it absolutely does effect the next cycle or two as well. I notice for a day after when he does not get it.

No, he was suppose to be tested for both, but the IAA was missed. :rolleyes: With his patterned response to all the insulins thus far, I am willing to bet he is. I am not an expert by any means, but from the sheets I have studied my guess would be that he was. The similarities are undeniable.

9. Wendy&Neko

I like your new R scale. I had been about to suggest a change. Looks like you are getting a feel for it. :) With him still fairly flat though, it's hard to pinpoint his nadir times. You do want to avoid the R and Lev nadir's coincinding but I could see some times you could shoot R other than PS. If you look at the 23rd AM cycle for example, he was starting up by +8, so you could have shot R then, to try to give you a lower preshot. However, sometimes he nadirs later so you'd have to make sure he's on his way up.

Good luck with the Lev increase.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  10. LuvinThisPig

Okay... So, basically, any ancillary shot outside of ps times would be based solely on that days numbers and where they are going. It would not be on a steady cycle of say, amps; +6; pmps; +6 (every six hours). Today, when I tested him at the +5 and saw that he was taking a ship to the moon, I could have conceivably done a trial and shot, say, a .5uR dose to tamp down or put a ceiling over the bounce?

If that is the case, this is where it would get a bit scary as that means I have to really rely on my gut and instincts... oh dear.. :oops:

11. Wendy&Neko

Correct, use R wiesly and with forethought. :)

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  12. LuvinThisPig

Okay... forethought I can do, I am not so sure about wisdom, but I will try. I will be a nervous wreck. :nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:
    To start, I will only use it outside of shot times during the pm cycles (or am if I am home) as I can monitor these. The use of extra R in one cycle will most likely effect the concurrent cycle. Meaning, simply adding additional doses in at night should significantly lower the following cycles.
    I will look at possibly starting this tomorrow. If I think he needs it.

13. LuvinThisPig

He is so wibbly wobbly today. He has had so many spikes up and coasts down... ???
    These are very odd patterns for sure.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.