Pig 2/6 amps 336; +2 341; +3 295; pmps 395

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LuvinThisPig, Feb 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

Yesterday's

Well... What can I say. Pig is stubborn. He decided to hang out in the 'comfort' zone again and we were seeing pinks all night long. With that being said... Things I think about and am very thankful for:

Every night since Pig was just an 8 week he has climbed into the bed with me and slept on a pillow that is in front of my chest. He lays so that his back is curled right into the crook of my arm or stretches out against the length of my chest and stomach. Every. Single. Night. However, when the sugar beast took hold all this sort of stopped. However, the past couple weeks he as started to feel better and he is, once more, back to sleeping on his special pillow right next to me all curled up.

I had to think to myself just how truly blessed I am because when you think about it... Here is this guy who has arthritis in his back legs and even a small gimpy one with no muscle tone. He is going through some rough sugar spots and must not be feeling 100%... However, every single night he voluntarily comes into the room and makes the tremendous effort to push those arthritic legs to jump up on the bed, just to snuggle and say I Love You...

If that is not emotion, loyalty, and a love like no other, then I do not know what is. For this, I say thank you every single night. For Pig, the blessings are numerous and I can never have enough appreciation nor gratitude for his amazing soul.... To say that I am blessed in an understatement.
    This runs through my head every night and I felt it appropriate to say here. I suppose, this is precisely why we do this fight and I do not intend to quit.

Now.. Pig, love, get back into the yellows please!!!

2. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

Pig buddy, listen to the momma bean and get back down to some respectable numbers. She doesn't need any stress. Titan

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  3. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Lovely post today.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  4. LuvinThisPig

I am starting to think he took the whole "real men wear pink" thing far to literal....

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.
  5. LuvinThisPig

Thank you... :bighug::bighug::bighug: But, I am sure we have all thought this. I cannot help but say thank you to both of my boys for always being there. This is not a gift that should be taken lightly, I do not think. Their love runs deep with me....

6. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

That is so sweet about him:bighug:

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  7. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Animals give so selfishly, all the time. They don't care if you are upset with them. All my animals have taught me something. From my old man dog that taught me just sitting in the sun can be good, the fearful pup (was afraid of men) who became a scent dog finding people (even those big scary men), to my heart dog that taught me love is just being able to be beside you, to Jones that has taught me patience, CKD Kitty - that nuzzles are the absolute best, to Missy (scaredy cat) that taught me time to fix all wounds and to Libby - food is the best thing in the world!....I could go on.

There are gifts from each one, just waiting to be taught.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  8. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

I love the Pig report! They are so much more than their numbers and he is already feeling better and hope that continues. So glad he’s snuggling with you again! Pig is lucky to have you and you him. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  9. LuvinThisPig

Lol... Thanks! Pig tells me what to say. He runs the show around here... Although, I will say that Meatbeard is rather entertaining!!

10. LuvinThisPig

I know the Lantus will be fine, but how temperature sensitive is Novo R? I just got totally distracted and left the whole med box on the counter... :banghead::banghead::banghead:

Hopefully it is fine. That is a $140 vial of R!!

11. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Yikes, where did you get that R! Much cheaper at Walmart as Humulin R. As long as the box wasn't out a long time, you should be OK.

Loved the Pig snuggle report. At some point you may have to look at ramps or steps. We made Neko steps, but she preferred being lifted into bed. Especially in the wee hours of the night. :rolleyes:

12. LuvinThisPig

Haha! Yeah, I know... I learned my lesson about the R a bit to late... That's the cost at the local pharmacy... With that price I treat it as very rare! Lol..

Yes! I had though about stairs or a ramp... I have a set of stairs that used to be used for bunk beds that are set up by my bed, but I think the steps are too steep... He can climb them, but he also seems to avoid them sometimes..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.