Pig 3/12 amps 259; +1 356; +2 347; +8 245

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LuvinThisPig, Mar 12, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

Yesterday's

Okay. So, I am really trying to keep up here. Moving a bit of school around so I can cover it all.

Now, if I give R at the +10 hour, do I need to feed with it? He will eat only a short 2 hours later with the L dose. Also, I always snack him at the +4 - +8 hours and am afraid that I am messing up the action of the insulin in doing this. I do not think that that the +8 is quite his nadir from Lev as I have seen time and time again a far lower ps than any other number. However, this could just mean a double dip??

Also, I am seeing that the R scale at either the +10 or ps time needs to be upped a tad owing to the fact that those numbers are effected by the Lev. Meaning that at the +2-+3 the Lev is wearing off and he his on his way back up, but if I am giving R based on influenced numbers then, perhaps, I am not giving quite enough to mitigate the rise the way that I need it to. Do we think that another .5u raise in the scale is warranted here @Wendy&Neko ?

2. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

I don't think you need to feed with R if Pig will be eating 2hrs later. Hopefully Wendy or @Sandy and Black Kitty will chime in, but a .5u increase looks fine to me.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  3. LuvinThisPig

Yes, I would like to hear their input as I am by far not at expert. However, I tend to concur with you on this and I am nothing if not overly caution and protective when it comes to my boys. I will never do anything that would hurt them and nothing I do is never thorough. Meaning, a million hours researching! I had thought about this after a little slip on my part this morning. I had major company at work today and could not break free to come home and give Pig his shots. As a result, I called my brother and gave him the dose amounts without even considering the ps numbers. I know. I feel awful, but in my defense, it was chaotic at work and I had less than a second to sneak in a text. Well, he gave a 2uR on a 246 which is a bit off the old scale. I was flipping as I could not return home until around +2 in the cycle... Well, my mind went into overdrive and I ended up consoling my panic with the thought that those numbers were likely lower than they would be considering the later nadir times on Levemir. Which, has proven itself over and over. Yet, if it worked today then it will most likely work for concurrent dosing (I know seldom is anything ever in concrete). However, it did get me to thinking that I needed to dose from an R scale tailored to lower numbers in anticipation of higher ones, rather than the other way around. So, the dosing idea is essentially backwards this way... Lol

Bronx's dad (GA) likes this.
  4. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

It's great you have someone who can shoot for you. I dread when I have to travel for work

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  5. LuvinThisPig

Yes! I am far blessed with quite literally the very best brother on the face of the planet! He is so selfless in all ways! However, that does not mean it takes the worry or anxiety from not doing it myself! You know how it is... :) Fur parents we would not be if we did not worry!

Bronx's dad (GA) likes this.
  6. LuvinThisPig

I sound like Yoda.

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I didn't feed Neko when I shot R at +10. I knew she would have some food on board before her R onset, so it was safe. As long as you give him most of his food before nadir you won't mess up the insulin action. +4 and 8 snacks should be OK.

As far as nadir timing, it's quite possible nadirs are later than +8. Neko was often around +9 to +12 on Lev. So yes, you do need to wrap your head around shooting at lower numbers.

Glad you went with the increased R dose.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.