Pig 3/14 +10 272; amps 244; +1.5 289

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LuvinThisPig, Mar 14, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

Yesterday's

I am really liking the way the +10 dose works with the R and L combined. I will do this whenever I can. Tonight I will move the scale up by .5uR all the way around. I only gave him 2.5u this morning because I would not be home to monitor for the rest of the cycle. He is still doing just so very well and the difference is all in the numbers!

With that being said, I think I have fallen in love with a clinic just over the phone. Is that possible? I have been calling everyone I could think of looking for someone with Acromegalic experience and finally found one with the Feline Specialties clinic out of Tulsa, OK. When I called, I made mention that every single clinic wanted me to run a $200 fructosamine test and before I could even say how utterly useless and inaccurate they seem to be, she cut me off and said "Nope. No way. We do NOT like those around here. We prefer home data and advocate home testing strongly." Whhhaaaaa??? Yes. I think for now, they will do! She also said that the cost of a US is about $200, which is half what everyone else has been pricing me and they have already volunteered to play middle man between us and WSU and aiding in whatever needs to be done to make the trip there. I am flabbergasted. I will be booking an appointment with them very shortly and am very excited to see where they can take us!! Yayay!

MJW, saltycat and Kathy and TiTi like this.
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Things are looking much sunnier these days. :)

Awesome news on the clinic. I didn't set my bar high enough to expect someone to know about acromegaly. I was just hoping for someone willing to learn about it. Sounds like you have a keeper. How far a drive is it?

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  3. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

They are looking so very golden and Pig and I both just love it!!!

I think so too. The doctor herself even called to tell me, that in her opinion, as far as the acro goes, I had done everything she would have done and the that next step would be SRT. She was concerned about me wasting money and trip there for just the Acro as he is managed in that regards. However, I did mention to her the bladder issues and that Pig was a Manx. Well, low and behold, before I could even say anything, she said "Oh, he has Manx syndrome, huh?" Um... Yes!!!! Seriously, I am going to marry this doctor. :p But, she did say that there was plenty we could do for the bladder such as a medication that works just like Cisapride, but only for the bladder. This, she said, she has far more experience with. She also suggested doing an US to make sure that he did not have a lasting infection (UTI) from the last one. Wants to check for infection in the kidneys as well. She echoed all of my thoughts!

So, I am very hopeful that soon we will have at least some relief for the bladder and rule out the possibility of any deep seated infection that may be causing his insulin need to be higher. Also, the added help they are giving with the trip is absolutely priceless. They are about the same distance from my house as his regular vet, so all around it is a win-win. I am gunning for an appointment next Friday! Things are looking so amazingly sunny, yes they are!

MJW and Kathy and TiTi like this.
  4. Mom2Maverick

Mom2Maverick Member

I’m very happy for you and Pig. I can’t wait to read how his visit goes. I’m also glad he’s moved out of the 300’s. Great job!

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  5. MJW

MJW Well-Known Member

Great news. You deserve some!

LuvinThisPig likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.