Pig 3/16 +10 249; amps 259

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LuvinThisPig, Mar 16, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

Yesterday's

Oh, what a great cycle last night! Hitting his lowest EVER number! I want to keep smashing these sugar records. Now, today we are cleaning out and he is only getting Sheba so that he can begin to move out some of the ruckus in his colon. Even with the larger, more solid outputs, he is still a bit constipated and I can tell he is feeling it a bit. The Sheba will impact his numbers, if only a bit.

I did a thing this morning, but I think it was really the right choice. He came in at a 249 on the +10 hour. Per the R scale, I should have only dosed a 3uR. However, in anticipation of the raise from the ending of the Lev cycle, I decided to dose 3.5uR. It always seems that if I dose off the +10 hour, I do not see as much movement with the R as I do when I dose of ps. Meaning, when shooting the +10 hour I will increase the R scale by .5u to preempt the rise, but if I dose at ps then I will adhere to the current scale I have set up. I will know if this plan works when I get the +2 (+4 from R) in another hour.

Only a few short weeks until we embark on our trip. The goal is 4, but it may stretch to 6. Either way, we will be there before summer hits and it can only get better from here!!! :):woot::)

JeffJ and Tracey&Jones (GA) like this.
  2. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

I see blues in Pig's future, maybe even this weekend...

3. LuvinThisPig

Oh yes... I do too. I will increase him to 53uL tonight, which will be right at a 13% raise. I want to push it, but not so much as to cycle a bounce. This would be right in the middle. I am thinking of increasing the R tomorrow night as well. I think that will situate us right at the desired 100 point drop... Blues, man, here we come! :eek::cool:

Bronx's dad (GA) likes this.
  4. LuvinThisPig

With that being said, my decision with the R this morning was a good one. I might even look at doing a full 1u extra when dosing the +10 hour only because all we are managing to do at that time is preempt the rise, rather than draw him down any. I do see good movement at the +4 (+6 from R) when the Lev starts to sort of kick in..

5. Stacy & Asia

Stacy & Asia Well-Known Member

Go, Pig, go! :cat: Blues are on the way!!! :cool:

I so look forward to Pig's exciting SRT journey and hoping your insulin expense goes way down, at the very least!

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  6. LuvinThisPig

Thank you so, so much! Things have been uncharacteristically hectic with everything lately, but it is and will be so very worth it. Yes, the insulin cost concern me, but I think I am more looking forward to having Pig feel more himself than anything.. I will not lie though, this whole undertaking (travel and surgery) really scare me, but I do not think Pig could be in any better hands.

With the craziness in mind... How is Miss Asia?? I have been so busy I have barely had time to maintain Pig's thread, but I have been trying to keep up with everyone. I miss being able to really follow along!

7. LuvinThisPig

Man! What a time for Walmart to decide to take 6 days for shipping things that should be shipped in 2! :mad::banghead: I am running quite light on strips, so testing will be very strategic. No more satisfying curiosity until sometime after Tuesday... Man, I have been stalking those blues!:confused: Its going to be hard not to get me some numbers... But, I will just watch him all the more closely. Well, he is just going to looooovvveee this... :woot::woot:

8. Stacy & Asia

Yes, above all that Pig feels so much better! :cat:

Asia is doing well, she likes Lev and we are cautiously optimistic that this kidney infection is behind her (just finished her antibiotics a couple days ago). :)

9. LuvinThisPig

Oh wonderful!! This is fantastic news! You do such a tremendous job with her, I am simply in awe! But, man, do those things scare me just because they can be so hard to find... If only US were not so expensive, then they could be done routinely.. :D We all just need free vet care across the board. :p

10. Stacy & Asia

I agree with you! I wished pet insurance were a thing when Asia was born. It was a thing when Toki was born and I asked my vet about it and she said they have a lot of kinks to work out still and in her opinion it wasn't really worth it (then), I think they have come a long way and my next cats will have pet insurance for sure. I have a friend and his work offers pet insurance as part of their benefits package, how awesome is that? :woot:

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  11. LuvinThisPig

Do whhaaaa??? That is it. I am going to that company!

I had checked pet insurance for Pig when he was first dx with diabetes. Which, with a few I found, the pre-existing condition would not have been an issue, but medications would have been..?? Then, through more and more research, most do not cover 'cancer' and its treatments. Despite the fact that Acro is not cancer, per-say, they still classify the treatments in that category owing to the methods of treatment (Radiation therapies). At least for coverage they do. Basically at this point with him, I can get routine care covered. Not much else. Now, I have considered getting coverage on Tail simply because he does not like eating the raw and its a challenge to brush his teeth (he pushes 24lbs of fluffy muscle as he is a Coon). Needless to say, he will need a dental very soon. I wish he would just quit being so pampered and eat the silly raw! Cats... :rolleyes:

12. LuvinThisPig

So, he was sleeping pretty soundly and I happened to notice that he was dreaming. Actually, all I could hear was smacking. I walk over to him and he is sound asleep and attempting to chew! This boy must be seriously dreaming about food! :eek: I knew he was obsessed, but really!?

Of course, even as I marvel at the cuteness of it, I am freaking out that it may mean more. He does tend to smack or lick his lips occasionally as if he has dry mouth, but his skin is full of spring! It always bounces right back and I see no outward signs of dehydration. I give a tablespoon of water in every meal and he never asks for water from the sink or drink from the bowls.

I guess this is when you simply say.. "Oh, how adorable!" and quite borrowing trouble! :smuggrin:

13. LuvinThisPig

Okay... Just made the move to 53uL. Hoping this dose sees him to bluer skies.

I am also a bit worried. I noticed earlier that Pig's breathing has become periodically rapid. I clocked him and he was at 54 breaths per minute, so not so far out of the normal. But, its sporadic nature does concern me a bit. He is still eating just fine and seems to be peeing about normal. He is grooming after meals and if it was not for the breathing things would be entirely normal. It has been a bit since he has had a good bowel movement (yesterday morning I believe) and it may just be constipation. It did seem to calm down a bit after he had a small output and emptied his bladder. I will be monitoring this very, very closely.

I had at first thought it was because I had the window open and he could smell the roaming Tom that comes around. However, it continued after I shut the window. Maybe I am paranoid. My brother came by to check on him for me and said he hopped right up and ran to him and even gave him kisses. Could I be being an overly paranoid momma?? I will time the breathing again.

14. LuvinThisPig

He also has a very rumbly tumbly... And his breathing is entirely normal when sleeping or relaxed. If it was heart issues it would continue to be off when he was sleeping, correct? I will also try to get a urine test tonight just to rule out an extreme bladder infection. I do not see him looking for and peeing in strange places, so I do not think that is the case. I am really starting to lean on the side of constipation. He did not get raw today, so some of that junk may be moving though and that cannot be overly comfortable.

15. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Time the breathing when he is resting. Should be slower then.:bighug: It's called a RR, resting respiration rate.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  16. LuvinThisPig

Okay. I timed his breathing again.

Sleeping - 24
    Awake - 33 with random "double breaths"

He is not guarding his tummy, as in he does not clench it up when I press on it, however he does get rather touchy around his bladder. I am very much hoping this is not another infection and it is just irritation from being constipated. If it does not clear up soon then we will have to dip into the SRT fund a bit...

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  17. srk4cats

srk4cats Well-Known Member

You are assuming that he's dreaming about food. I have a cat that suckles on my other cat and makes very loud slurping noises. His purr gets really loud, too. I suppose that means he's hungry, but he wants his mummy's milk. The only thing that bothers me a bit is that he suckles on my male cat. I once had a cat that was always trying to hump my other male cat instead of my females. Maybe it's a bonding thing or maybe I'm homophobic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.