Pig 4/15 amps 115; +4 138

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LuvinThisPig, Apr 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

Yesterday's

The lower he goes and the more he adjusts, the more he just surprises me day to day! Before the dx we use to play hide and seek and chase. This morning, very early, I came walking out of the bathroom entirely unaware. Apparently we were playing one of these games and I did not know it, but as I rounded the door he did his chirpy little battle cry that sounds absolutely nothing like a cat should, tucked up his butt, spun out, and flew through the house to jump into a cardboard flat and slide across the living room. Ah, now see, that is my Pig nut I have missed so very, very much!

All of this makes me so hopeful and excited for this trip! I cannot wait for the true healing to begin!

2. LuvinThisPig

Well, this morning's little episode was mild for what he had in store for me this evening! :woot: He was a mad man! Running in that weird 'but tucked under' way from one end of the house to other, caterwauling the whole way! He ran from the bedroom and jumped on the living room table and just tackled Tail and sent Tail running behind the couch. He waited on the couch dive bombing Tail every time he poked his head out. I swear, he ran around - fast! - for a good solid 15 minutes! I have not seen him exercise so much in well over 6 months. I just laughed and jumped and squealed like a girl the whole time.. :p Now he is snoozing quite peacefully on the living room rug. I just love this man so much!

3. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Those are some great stories. I suspect he was really having a hard time with all the high BG values. His recent move into a regulated BG state has probably helped him regain some of that energy he had pre-acro. He sounds like a wild man!

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  4. LuvinThisPig

Oh my, he is! He is! He has always been and that is why this has thrown me for such a loop. I am use to him being that crazy kitty that just attacks for no reason or running behind a door to grab you between the crack. He is a nut and he was always so fearless! The sugars got him feeling yuck and I was just flabbergasted at how he behaved. This is how I knew something was wrong from day one. I kept telling, screaming, to the vets that something was not right. We checked everything and they always said he was fine.. I would not relent. I knew something was off. Well, after about 3 trips to the vet for a bladder infection he supposedly did not have, I had to rush him to the ER because he was peeing blood.. come to find out, he was diabetic. Naturally, the Acro dx was to follow. I knew something was amiss all along. My boy, he is a part of my soul.

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Great report on Pig. :)

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  6. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

I suspect this is how many diabetic kittehs are diagnosed. They go way downhill, then their blood is checked. For kitteh owners who already experience diabetes, the signs are pretty clear. For novices (like I was), we don't know and we are surprised.

I am glad to hear he is energetic and healthy now. That will be very helpful going into the multiple SRT sessions.

7. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

So happy to hear this! :cat: My Shmee used to like to scare me too, I swear he would do it in the dark so he knew I couldn't see him!! My boyfriend laughs so hard that my cat is able to scare me!

8. Pamela & Amethyst

Pamela & Amethyst Well-Known Member

Wonderful:bighug: I love when Amethyst ZOOMS around the apartment:)

9. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

What a wonderful report on a really fun kitty! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.