? Pig 6/2 +11 118; amps 86

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LuvinThisPig, Jun 2, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

Yesterday's

Okay, so short post for now.. With him hitting a higher green last night and the fact that the 45u depot is still in play, I am toying with the idea of shooting a 1/2 BCS dose on the 37u. If he continues this trend, he will fall even lower. Last night he had the lowered depot in play from the 2/3 BCS (that, admittedly, I should have shot a 1/2) and he still broke through to green!

I am not complaining, but I have work tonight and it is my intention to keep him safe. So, I will probably try draining this pesky little depot a bit further. Looking for advice, but I feel this is the best idea at this point because the unpredictability factor has been introduced!

@Wendy&Neko

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. MyTitan (GA)

MyTitan (GA) Well-Known Member

No advise on dosing, but stay safe and within your comfort level especially being away at work. Was a hoot reading yesterday's condo, loved the pic, we are a strange bunch!

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  3. LuvinThisPig

I could not agree more! But, we are a good kind of strange! :bighug: I think I am going to go with comfort for sure. I do not have anyone to come and monitor this cycle if he tanks and I can't miss work at all right now... So, I prefer to keep him safe and this depot is being a bit grrrr …. Not to mention that it has not built back up after the BCS, so I imagine he will continue to climb down after this dose...

4. LuvinThisPig

Throwing up the question mark... I am really lost on this one. I am so afraid that if I give even a 1/2 dose that it will still play out this depot. I can't keep ahold of this. He just keeps spiraling down in the BG department... Even with the BCS and reduction... Prepping food and stalling for 30...

5. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

No advice on the dose but your reasoning makes sense from a general point of view. Which Pig is everything but general! Nice poop pic....we celebrate with you.

6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Staying safe is always the right answer. Just so you know, changing doses all the time will make it hard to know what size the depot thinks it is. Been there, done that. I am not suggesting shooting the same number again, but rather try to pick a dose you think you can shoot for a few cycles in a row. Or skip if you really want to drain the depot.

Most important, what does your gut say?

MyTitan (GA) and LuvinThisPig like this.
  7. LuvinThisPig

Okay. I totally understand this... I did go with my gut and opted for a little over a 1/4 BCS @ 10. I think that when we hit back up tonight on a full dose basis, it would be wise to start with a 35u and see where that takes him. However, even that seems a bit aggressive, but I also am thinking that I will start to see some discrepancies in the depot very soon. I am toying between 30-35u. Besides, like you said, I can always go back up if need be. Also I have the R.

I am in the process of calling the only person I know that has gone to WSU to see if they have a SS available for some sort of guidance... I know ECID, but it might proffer a bit of data to balance against.

8. Wendy&Neko

FWIW, I compared many SS of kitties that went to CSU, and ECID. I know, too many acronyms. :p But it wasn't. Helpful exercise for me.

Going lower and using R is a good idea. Less worry about the depot.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  9. LuvinThisPig

You are right there I am sure of it. I would likely drive myself crazy with it! Fortunately, the lady I know lives in Alaska and they only got internet about 3 months ago, soooo no SS. :p However, she did say that her kitty did not start reductions until the 3 month mark and did not come fully OTJ for a year. Already there is a huge discrepancy there. So, I will operate solely off what Pig is telling me and his data that he gives. :):cat:

I agree. Given the history over the past week, I am feeling the 30u. I will start with that. Also, he will likely be higher tonight, so I will also be re-starting the R scales a bit. He was already responding different to them pre-SRT when we started using it again since it had been a while and the post-SRT (when he was yellow) he gave little to no response at all. I am not so comfortable with my current scales. I won't start with a .25u, but maybe 1-2u depending..

Also, I had already shot the 10u when I read your post. I did not want you to think I was blatantly ignoring advice. I value it far too much! :)

The neat thing is that I fully understood all the acronyms (and ironic choice of words.. )!! :p

10. LuvinThisPig

He should be safe on 10u while I am at work, right?? He climbing a bit and the 37u did not necassarily send him too low, but he was cruising that way and I am positive we would have seen below 70 on this cycle if I held that dose....

11. LuvinThisPig

I really just don't know what to say here...
    But, every time. Every time.

I have been a panicked mess all day long over his dosing. Somehow, I managed to convince my boss to allow me to leave the store for a bit at lunch to check on Pig. (I am a manager, so not permitted to leave the premises during a scheduled break even though I am not paid for the time... I know. I know.. Mom yells at me about it every day...) I rushed home and in the door and got my supplies ready.

I really didn't know what to think. Was he super high? Was he low, like yesterday? Who knows... I got my poke and this boy just had to show me up.. Had to make me look over dramatic... Ugh.:p At his sometime nadir of a +8 he was sitting rightly pretty at a 119... :eek: That depot is not that strong... Is it?

I cannot be more thankful that I trusted myself and what I "think" I know about Pigs numbers... If I had shot more....

The problem is that now I have no clue what to shoot tonight.. I will not be able to monitor. I have 5 hours in between shift... I have to catch at least a nap and will be back at work for the other half of his cycle,.. I'm terrified to shoot a full 30u...

12. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

I have no dosing advice, but sending prayers that Pig surfs safely and :bighug: for you. Scary, but exciting times!

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  13. Wendy&Neko

You should start seeing higher numbers now with today's depot drainer. Yes the 45 unit depot can influence up to six cycles after the reduction, maybe more at these high doses. Shooting low 30's should be OK, but if you are nervous, go lower. Not a wrong answer at this point. It will allow you to gather different data. And you will get a better sleep. You have to take care of you, in order to take care of Pig. :bighug:

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  14. LuvinThisPig

Read my Mom this line and she said, "Ha! Well, maybe you will listen to her..." :woot::p

At this point, I trust you and I trust my gut. I feel you are right in this. This was the number that sounded right before I started to panic. Besides, I can't say that I have often found you to be incorrect in anything, so I seriously trust your advice and that is saying something because I trust almost NO one with my kitty.

Wendy the all knowing kitty Guru!!

s-l1000.jpg

I will have more to post on the morrow, but as it is right now I need to catch a nap before going back to work... :blackeye::blackeye::blackeye: Let us hope that Rockstar Pig decides to play along.. :joyful:

Wendy&Neko likes this.
  15. LuvinThisPig

Thank you.... This means more to me that you can ever know. :bighug::bighug::bighug: Look to the skies, because it can't rain all the time.. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Chubba (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.