Pig 6/24 amps 149

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LuvinThisPig, Jun 24, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

Yesterday's

I feel like the most awful bean... :( Yesterday's foray into lime had to be all my fault. I never even considered a bounce and likewise, the odds of that bounce breaking. Then, even though I thought I had adjusted my R scales, the reduced dose (from my scale) sent him low fast. I had been being very careful with the R and the last time I used it I dosed off the scale I did yesterday and it barely touched him. But, that was when he was running those yellows and nothing was touching him. I feel horrible.. But, I did cut back my scales significantly and I can promise you I will be far more aware of that in the future. There is just soooo much... sigh. One day I will have this mastered.

On another note, I started SEB this morning at +9 meal. I am wondering, how long does it take to see improvement, if any? How much do I give? I read that it is 1tsp to 1 cup water and about a teaspoon dose at a time, but I have not found anything about frequency.

And, if he does not start moving some poo soon we are going to have to go in for an enema. I am saying this in hopes that he will hear it and get it moving on his own... ;)

Hope days are sunny and great for everyone in L&L land!

JeffJ and LizzieInTexas like this.
  2. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Leo and Pig are in sync. Leo hit 48 on Friday - and we treated it as a hypo. He came right back up.

These bouncy little boys. As you know I do not keep Leo as low as Pig. I think Pig likes the regulation. But Leo is too bouncy for that. You know, the 100-150 range is not really that bad.

If Pig has to get an enema - we don't need a video on it, yuck! The last resort!

To lighten the mood - here is our rolly polly Little Orange Dude. Everybody loves LD.
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/happy-birthday-leo-12-years-old.197247/#post-2209054

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  3. LuvinThisPig

Actually, you are very right. My main goal is to keep him under his specific renal threshold. I just tested his urine at a 101 and it was totally clear of any glucose. So, that is a really good thing! The bad thing? His urine is all of a sudden cloudy... :( Not very strong smelling, but cloudy. I always worry bladder or UTI if he gets constipated because the first thing to happen is he cannot empty his bladder all the way... *sigh* So, a call to our vet is in order for tomorrow and maybe a round of Baytril or Amoxicillin… I just hate to do this because that means that all the work I have done to establish is flora will be thrown off... grr...

And I promise, I will not post an enema pic! But, are you sure??? I mean, really interesting stuff...

Sonia & Leo and JeffJ like this.
  4. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

There is some iffy stuff in life. My personal belief is that I will still live to 100 and live a virtuous life without an cat enema experience. Just saying.

I hope Pig doesn't have a UTI. I probably should test Leo's urine to find the exact renal threshold.

We were going to trade LD in for a cuter model. That's why he was rolling around today in that video. So I guess we'll keep him awhile longer. Speaking of LD, I better go rub his soft gut.:eek::D

Sonia & Leo and LuvinThisPig like this.
  5. LuvinThisPig

Hmmm… Maybe that is what is wrong with Tail... He is worried I will trade him in. I swear, this cat can see ghosts... lol

JeffJ likes this.
  6. Amanda & Shmee

Amanda & Shmee Well-Known Member

Sending vines your way :bighug: you have so much going on, it is only human to make a mistake. You did well getting him back up quickly (no surprise there!), he will be ok :)

JeffJ likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.