Pig 6/30 amps 139

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LuvinThisPig, Jun 30, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

Yesterday's

I think one of the hardest things in this is trying to observe, research, and dx an issue without any definitive proof of the issue... :rolleyes: And, even though none of us ever really want to be right, it is also slightly relieving to know that you were able to pin-point the issue with at least a small margin of accuracy. I don't know everything, but I do know my cat.

We started the AB the other night and man was he very lethargic afterwards. To the point that I had considered not continuing with the dose. However, he never lost his appetite, so I proceeded. His numbers are running higher, but oh my is he not feeling better! He is much more bright eyed and alert than he has been in few days. The fact that he reacted so strongly to the initial dose and that his numbers are running higher tells me his body is fighting off infection. His LB behavior just was not right and he gave me very subtle clues that something was not quite right.

I woke up to the frenzied jingle of a collar this morning only to find out that he was running like a kitten chasing a wad of paper my little girl left on the floor! :woot: He is feeling much better! He might just suffer them chronically, but I hope not. Either way, I am going to look into the use of d-mannose at the suggestion of @LizzieInTexas as a preventative. For now, though, I think we will have this thing kicked for a bit... :)

LizzieInTexas likes this.
  2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Yikes on that +7! :eek::D Guess Pig is feeling better. Congrats on the reduction.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  3. LuvinThisPig

Um... Yeah. That was a HUGE surprise! Entirely unexpected... Between the AB obviously working, the SEB helping him poo, and the SRT... whew! Thank god for babysitters!!

4. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

:D Gizmo dosen't give me too many surprises of late but did a month or so ago (with a ~40) - complete shock and totally unexpected. They sure do like to keep us on our toes. Glad the AB is working and no adverse side affect to his appy.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  5. LuvinThisPig

I will say this... We are very blessed with his appetite. This guy will eat anything!!! I literally just took a Prazosin pill and dripped a few drops of fish oil on it, set the plate down... I was going to get a towel and pill him, but then he just walked right up, grabbed the tab and started chewing on it...:eek:
    How is Gizmo this morning?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.