Pig 6/6 amps 198

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LuvinThisPig, Jun 6, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

Yesterday's

We are definitely seeing some of that depot instability, just like Wendy warned about... The good thing, though, is that I believe the 23u is going to be just about right, if not a little light. This means that I can get him on a steady dose and rebuild that depot back to a more predictable state. I like that idea.

For now, I will just fine tune with the R as it seems to be working quite well at the moment.

He seems to be feeling pretty good. He tried to chase a bird this morning, but the window got in the way.. :p His digestion is not so good. Well, not as good as it was with the snow-coned raw... :( I will not let this happen again, I can promise you that. I have noticed a change in his coat and poo just in a week. He also sleeps more heavily on canned and seems far hungrier. This tells me that he is not getting the nutrition that his body needs and that makes me incredibly sad. However, his raw will be here tomorrow night and I have plans in motion to mitigate ever running out. It is just very challenging given the isolation, but I am on that like a nut!!

We started the Renewlife Probiotics last night. Only a 1/4 cap to start. It made Pig's belly really bubbly... I could hear it gurgling from 2 feet away. Of course, that could be the canned.. :rolleyes: So far, though, no adverse reactions other than that, if that was associated with them... I will stay with 1/4 cap for a week. Then move to 1/2 for a week. Then 1 cap to finish... Hoping to see good results.

Looking at Kefir grains... or kits to grow my own. It will be incredibly cheap and easy to do.. The more self-sufficient and reliant we are the better...

LizzieInTexas and JeffJ like this.
  2. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

Wow, just a month ago Pig was getting 45-50 units/dose. Now you are giving him doses in the 23-25U range. A vast improvement. I hope the downward trend continues.

As far as the gurgly Pig belly....I'm kinda glad I'm not in the odor range. Could be some potential to clear a room!

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  3. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

That made me laugh!! You go girl! Yay pig!! So glad he's chasing birdies. You are inspiring me to go raw.

LuvinThisPig and JeffJ like this.
  4. LuvinThisPig

Oh I know! It is soooo amazing! I honestly never expected to see anything happening until around 2 months or after.. I certainly did not expect it to drop as fast as it did! That was a massive surprise!
    Oh, Jeff.... You nave NO idea.. OMG... With the canned food it is simply horrid! As in, do not be in the same room... I have 2 litter boxes in my room... Sometimes when I wake up at night... :eek:

JeffJ likes this.
  5. LuvinThisPig

Oh! If I could do that it would be amazing!
    I will tell you, that in the very short two weeks we did raw this last time (before I ran out) the difference in Pig was striking. It was the same thing the time we fed raw before. The only reason I ever stopped it was because I did not know how to manage his constipation with it. However, if you can blend it while it is frozen, then that helps so much! Plus, for Pig, it is all about portions...

But, the appetite becomes more steady and less ravenous as they are digesting more food and nutrients than before. Their coats become just glorious. They poop far less and it smells much better or not at all. Clean up is a breeze... And best of all??? They FEEL better! You can see it... Pig begs for the stuff because that is what his body says it needs...

He gets hungry and begs for food period. But, he will jump the counter and snatch the raw. Like a meat bandit!!!

Needless to say, I am a huge fan of raw!!

How is Miss P doing???

JeffJ and LizzieInTexas like this.
  6. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

She is doing good, momma bean not so much but am getting there. Crazy bronchitis in summer ick ick. She's been getting up on stuff she hasn't been in over a year. Can't wait to see if the frozen makes as big a difference as Pig. I have been fighting the ibd so long with the can, but she is no longer gaining weight. So maybe that's it, just not absorbing enough. She went from 21 pounds to 12, then back up to 15. But she's back down again. She just doesn't eat a whole lot since pancreatitis diagnosis. And she's been more active so I think she's using the little calories too fast.
    So glad Pig is doing so much better! The meat bandit!

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  7. LuvinThisPig

I can't make a long post... Work is crazy today. But, after hearing you say that I think the raw would be a very good idea. Not only for the IBD, but the panc as well. There is a lot of research that points to cooked food being a big source if chronic pancreatitis... I will tag you on my research when I get home tonight... But, raw might just be the thing you are looking for...

JeffJ and Phoebes (GA) like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.