? Pig 7/09 amps 210, +4 288; +6 316 ? Help withs labs... Please ?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by LuvinThisPig, Jul 9, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LuvinThisPig

LuvinThisPig Well-Known Member

Yesterday's

Not a lot to say today... We started the Bethanochol and it seems to be working fairly well. I imagine it will take some time to build tone back in the bladder walls. But, what I am more concerned about are his labs. Someone, please tell me it is not as bad as it seems? Please, tell me there is hope here... :(

Attached Files:

JeffJ likes this.
  2. LuvinThisPig

3. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Wonder if the "bladder" issue isn't inflammation from the pancreatitis? Gizmo also has what feels like a larger (full) bladder or stomach when he is having a flare. But you said the U/S showed an enlarged bladder correct?

What did vet say about the labs? Nothing jumps out to me but I only know what I am looking for with Gizmo.

Phosphorus level looks good!

I think @Marje and Gracie is checking tags. She is the expert on reading BW.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  4. LuvinThisPig

With those P.PSL numbers that was exactly what I was thinking. It would account for these sudden bouts of uncontrollable BGs. I am already doing all the care that that would require except the anti-nausea meds. However, I believe there is a study that suggests that Cerenia actually helps heal pancreatitis.. It may be something that I will need to keep on hand from now on.

She said that she was worried about his Creatine levels and I am as well. The phos says that there is nothing to worry about, so diet change did the trick there. However, with those Crea levels the bladder becomes a much larger concern.

I am also very concerned about the elevated ALT values... None of this really makes sense. With the Amylase values through roof as well I am really leaning towards the pancreatitis. If that is the case and appetite is not an issue with him, it seems that adding some digestive enzymes to his food would be a worthy investment.

Now, I need to look at adding S. boulardi and the enzymes... They can't hurt.

5. LizzieInTexas

Gizmo's labs are on the labs tab on his SS if you want to look for comparison. BUN/Creat will fluctuate and has been higher with Gizmo during a panc flare and with dehydration. (My understanding) Amylase elevation is tied to panc flares.

Here is the most recent Gizmo labs (not on SS yet)

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  6. LizzieInTexas

7. LizzieInTexas

8. LuvinThisPig

9. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Any chance of entering these labs and the previous ones on the Labs tab of the spreadsheet? That makes trends much easier to spot.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  10. LuvinThisPig

I will get right on it.. Let you know when I am done.

11. LuvinThisPig

I have the values plugged in.

12. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Thanks for inputting the data. I found it helped to put the out of range values in a different colour or bold.

Did the vet not test for thyroid values? HyperT, plus diabetes, IBD, and p'titis are some of the reasons for elevated ALT. The BUN is a bit higher, but that is often seen on the raw diet, so I wouldn't worry about it. Growth hormone and IGF-1 contrbute to muscle development. Many acros will be described as very muscular. Large muscular cats can have elevated creatinine. Having said that, Pig's is still in normal range, though trending up.

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  13. LuvinThisPig

These labs were supposed to test for those and I am a bit confused about that. We did not do the in house because of this one reason. I wanted those t-4 values and a few other kidney indicators. I am not sure why they are not here, but that could be an office mistake. She was supposed to send me both Pig and Tail's, but I just got double copies of Pig's. I will call tomorrow morning and ask them about it.

14. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Since T4 is an added cost you have to ask for it done (at least with my vet it is)

LuvinThisPig likes this.
  15. LuvinThisPig

But I did... That was the main reason for sending the labs out and not doing them in house. I suppose I cannot complain overly much. Well, I can't complain at all. She let me charge a $650.00 bill until September sometime and her clinic does NOT do this at all. Still, I would like to see those values.

Bronx's dad (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.