? ? RE: PM FEEDING , SHOT 08/08/18 Squallie AMPS 90, +3/56, 4.30/75

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Squalliesmom, Aug 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Squallie seems to be feeling pretty good this morning. He only ate a few bites of breakfast but the dry I left out for him overnight was gone, so he may just be full. I realize that his AMPS may be food-influenced, but I went ahead and gave him his shot anyway; so far, this dry food has not had any noticeable impact on his BG. I will monitor him closely.

His tummy is making all sorts of rumbly, growly noises, and he is very gassy. I don't know whether that's a good sign, or a bad sign! I know he had an enormous fart before breakfast, lol, he actually turned and looked at his butt, like, "Whaaat???"o_O I had to laugh at him!

Tomorrow is the big day. Please keep the prayers and vines for a good US coming his way! I will post as soon as I know the results (provided I'm not devastated by them).

2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

What dry food are you using now? YA did that to all my kitties, even after 6 weeks so I stopped using it.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  3. Squalliesmom

I'm using both YA and Dr.Elsey's. Squall never had a problem with YA in the past, but that was a long time ago, and who knows what's going on in that stomach now?

4. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

I'm glad Squallie is doing better this morning and eating some for you, even if it is dry. LOL on the fart. Sending prayers for you and Squallie. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Squalliesmom likes this.
  5. Judy and Boomer

Judy and Boomer Well-Known Member

Sending good ultrasound vines!

Squalliesmom likes this.
  6. Squalliesmom

He just did something weird. He was lying peacefully in a chair when he suddenly raised his head and started meowing, one meow right after another, for maybe 45 seconds. He's never done that before. I hope it doesn't mean he's in pain! Anybody have any ideas? I sat with him and petted him for a few minutes, then he got up, got a drink of water, and lay down somewhere else, where he seems to be perfectly comfortable.

7. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Wonder if it could be gas pain, Lucy ? Maybe give SEB ...that’s what I give all my boys for tummy upset . Sending prayers for appy and peace today and good US report tomorrow . We will all be going with you and sweet Squallie in spirit , thoughts and prayers ❤️:bighug:

Squalliesmom likes this.
  8. Squalliesmom

I wondered about gas pain, too. He got up again just after that and deposited a nice big poo in the LB! That makes me very happy!:D:D:D:cat:

9. Beth 73

Wooo Hooo :woot::woot::woot:

Squalliesmom likes this.
  10. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending huge vines for Squallie. Hope that US shows something easy to fix.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  11. Squalliesmom

Thanks, Tracey! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

12. Squalliesmom

Thanks, Carla! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

13. Squalliesmom

Thank you, Judy! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Judy and Boomer likes this.
  14. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

All your efforts have paid off with the latest deposit! Being on poo watch is intense. ;) I hope he has a comfortable day, hopefully non gassy and more deposits, getting rid of a heavy load. Will be hoping the best for tomorrow.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  15. Squalliesmom

Thanks, Lou! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

16. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

I think gastric sounds are desirable because it indicates motility, at least in humans. Glad to hear that he has produced poop today! Hang in there!

Squalliesmom and Beth 73 like this.
  17. Squalliesmom

Thanks, Sandi! :bighug::bighug::bighug:
    That's kind of what I thought, too. Noise=movement, usually.

18. Squalliesmom

He just did the weird meowing thing again! I hope it's not an indication of pain! I have some bupe, maybe I should give him a dose? He doesn't seem to be in distress except for the meowing, but he's a champ at hiding pain.

19. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

HAHA! Gizmo has done that too.

:bighug:

Squalliesmom likes this.
  20. Beth 73

Possible more poo coming down the pipeline ?:woot:Or gas??? Hugs to you both :bighug:

21. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I was hoping the big deposit would make him feel a lot better. Maybe he’s getting more gas pains? :bighug:

22. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

I don’t want to draw any parallels that aren’t there but Gracie’s tummy got very gurgly and gassy as she got more ill. Lots of rumbly noises. If she had gas pain, she would just curl up and I could tell it was painful. And she was also good at hiding pain as most cats are.

Tons of vines and prayers for tomorrow.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  23. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Lucy, sending lots of good US vines for tomorrow!! I hope that the event with the meowing was just some gas before he deposited his gift in the box. ;)

I had to laugh about the fart and it surprising Squallie as well. They say cats don't belch ..... well Bubba does. It always makes me laugh.

I hope he isn't at the vets all day......

Lots and lot of hugs for you for tomorrow! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Squalliesmom likes this.
  24. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Sending lots of :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: and vines your way!!!!:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Squalliesmom likes this.
  25. carfurby (GA)

Did you give him any bupe? :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Squalliesmom likes this.
  26. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Gizmo has the hiccup once. The look he was giving his belly when it moved was hilarious.

27. Squalliesmom

Thanks, Marje! :bighug::bighug::bighug:He's not really acting like his stomach hurts. He's not curled up in a ball, like I would expect; he's stretched out and seems very relaxed and comfy. I just don't know what to think. He hasn't eaten as much today as he did yesterday, but he seems to prefer to do most of his eating in the evening, lately. I don't know what the meowing is about, he's not usually a vey vocal kitty, and I've never heard him do this steady, meow-meow-meow thing before.

Marje and Gracie likes this.
  28. Squalliesmom

Thanks, Bobbie! :bighug::bighug::bighug:
    My cats belch, too! Whoever says they don't has obviously never owned cats, lol.
    I hope he's not there all day, too, poor sweetie doesn't need any more stress, and I don't always trust this particular outfit to be as gentle and easy with their charges as they should be...:nailbiting::nailbiting:

29. Squalliesmom

Thanks, Jamie! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

30. Squalliesmom

No, he stopped the meowing and doesn't seem to be in pain, so I didn't give it. If he does it again I will give it, though, just in case.

31. Squalliesmom

I have a problem with feeding and shot time tonight; the vet clinic says no food after 8:00 PM, but his shot is due at 9:00 PM. I don't want to skip tonight because I have no choice but to skip tomorrow AM, and I really don't want him to go that long without insulin. Anybody have any ideas?
    EDIT: Also, should he still get his cisapride, if he's not getting fed?

Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  32. carfurby (GA)

Sorry no one got back to you. Maybe you could shoot a reduced dose tonight to keep him safe. I don't know anything about cisapride. Sending prayers.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  33. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

I don't know what to say about the fasting. I know my civvie Patches was not fasted for abdominal ultra sound but she was an emergency case. Olive was not for hers and she was scheduled. Smokey I don't remember. Smokey was the only one that was shaved, I think that's a Dr choic. As the cardiologist also doesn't shave but many do.

Good luck, keep us posted.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  34. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I have both fasted and not fasted for ultrasounds, but even the fast was only after midnight. Neko was never fasted, civvie's were.

But for what it's worth, Squallie is doing fine when you skip. I would just skip tonight.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  35. Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA)

Ella & Rusty & Stu(GA) Well-Known Member

When in doubt, skip. After all, it's just like a fur shot. We are sending tons of vines and positive thoughts for Squallie's ultrasound tomorrow. It's good that he got out a good poop, and some bothersome gas. Get some rest tonight, and be positive.
    :bighug::bighug::bighug:

36. Phoebes (GA)

Phoebes (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending tons of vines for tomorrow for you and Squallie !!! Phoebe gets terrible gas as well. She can run us out of the room. Lol

37. Susan&Felix(GA)

Susan&Felix(GA) Well-Known Member

Love and purrayers for tomorrow. He's been impurroving since his event (or lack thereof), so vines for more and more in that direction.:bighug::bighug:

Squalliesmom likes this.
  38. CassAndGordy(GA)

CassAndGordy(GA) Well-Known Member

Sending vines for tomorrow and for our deputy's stomach :bighug::bighug::bighug: i hope he feels better tomorrow. Gas is so uncomfy and it must be worse if you don't understand it (which I am assuming cats dont... but you never know).

Squalliesmom likes this.
  39. Marje and Gracie

That’s good news that he’s not acting painful. Hard to say what the crying is about.

They usually ask that they be fasted in case they have to give anesthesia if he won’t lie still. My vets have never asked that any of my cats be fasted for an ultrasound for that length of time. They usually like 3-4 hours so they can get a clear view of the intestines. Even for dentals, etc, our board certified anesthesiologist does not allow fasting, even for non diabetic kitties, for more than three hours.

Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  40. Beth 73

Will be so glad for you both when this is all completed ❤️ Sending prayers tonight , for you both to have peaceful , hope filled hearts knowing all of the vines , good thoughts and strong prayers that are being sent in our Squallie’s behalf . That as he snuggles down in a shirt filled with the scent of you at the vet , that he will snooze away while there, it will be over quickly , he will come home early and , of course, the report will be all good :bighug::bighug::bighug: Extra hugs and love tonight to both of you, Lucy ❤️

Squalliesmom likes this.
  41. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

Prayers today Lucy!!

42. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

Good luck today! :bighug:

Squalliesmom likes this.
  43. Sonia & Leo

Sonia & Leo Well-Known Member

44. Beth 73

45. Carol & Murphy (GA)

Carol & Murphy (GA) Well-Known Member

Keeping you and Squallie in my thoughts today, Lucy

Squalliesmom likes this.
  46. Squalliesmom

Poor Squallie is really hungry this morning. He was begging me for food. I guess that's a good sign, but I felt just awful, knowing he was hungry and not feeding him! After all, this past week has been all about trying to get him to eat!!! I am not at all happy about him going this long without food, even under the best of circumstances.

47. Marje and Gracie

I agree. Thinking of you both and hoping for good news :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Squalliesmom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.