River 2/25 (AMPS 295, +3 230) …uh, hi.

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Paigeworthy, Feb 25, 2019.

1. Paigeworthy

Paigeworthy Member

Oh, hi.
    Well, my last condo was 3 weeks ago: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/river-2-6-amps-98-4-93-8-84-pmps-149.210433/

River's doing pretty well. Last we heard from Dr. Thompson:
    Her weight was up nicely and I hear that she is eating well.

Her liver panel is improved though still has some abnormalities. At this time we only have 2 liver tests that remain abnormal. The ALT (liver cell) is at 371 (should be 100, was 419), and the ALP is nearly normal at 117 (was 166, should be 100). So, we are seeing a positive change :). I do think we should continue on the liver meds - ursodiol, Denamarin long term since it does seem like the liver issue will likely remain a "background" problem.

Her phosphorus level, by the way, is now normal. :)

DH and I have not been doing as well with obsessively tracking River's BG and keeping her on a super-tight schedule, and TR is probably not going as well as it should as a result. Lots of yellows and pinks lately :(

We've resolved to do better this week.

Here's River and me last Friday catching a few snuggles. I love her so much.
    [​IMG]

2. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Welcome back! I hope you plan to get more PM tests to fill in that half of the SS.

Awesome lab numbers! River looks like she is chillin' on you in the picture.

3. Paigeworthy

Paigeworthy Member

Do people…wake up in the middle of the night to get those numbers? Ugh but I love sleep so much.

4. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Not necessarily. Rex's PS times were at 6:00 so I could get up to +3 before going to bed for work or +5 on the weekends. I'm always needing more sleep so I know how you feel.

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

What a sweet snuggly pic. :kiss:

If you can’t get two tests per cycle, you should switch to SLGS. For safety’s sake. And by the way, you didn’t have the data that tells you it was safe to increase to 1.0 units. With that 87 preshot, I rather suspect she was going lower at some point and what you are seeing is bouncing. A test before bed is really valuable. Brush teeth, wash face, test cat, turn out the lights. Or perhaps leave out some higher carb food first if you see her dropping fast, then turn out the lights.

Gill & George likes this.
  6. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

I have been, it wasn't easy at first.
    George has been having his nadirs late in the cycle
    I shoot at 6am/6pm my before bed test is 11pm, I then set alarm for 2/3am. I get up test and then fall back asleep till PS, at first it would take me a while to fall back asleep, but now I practically fall back asleep as my head hits the pillow.

Paigeworthy likes this.
  7. Paigeworthy

Paigeworthy Member

We are absolutely getting a test before bed most nights! Her shots are around 8 p.m. these days, though, because that's around when they eat dinner. So normally it happens at +3.

Do you think that her bounce has lasted nearly six days? Because based on what I was seeing in her numbers I increased her again tonight. Now I'm feeling like an even worse cat mom which is sort of the whole reason I stopped posting for a while. I am really ashamed of letting River's care fall by the wayside as I have been taking care of myself, which sounds crazy as I write it out since, y'know, I'm the human here, but there it is.

Maybe I should go to SLGS because I don't think she is going to go into remission anyway.

8. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Never apologize for taking care of yourself. If you don't, then there's nobody to take care of your cat.

I think you're doing all the right things for River. :bighug::bighug:

9. Paigeworthy

Paigeworthy Member

[​IMG]
    ^ Me currently

Mandy & Rex (GA) likes this.