? Saoirse Dental: Back Home! (Thread has pics 'n' vid of her recent recovery, too!)

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Critter Mom, Apr 28, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Critter Mom

Critter Mom Well-Known Member

Hi all,

Saoirse is booked for a dental in the morning because her mouth has been sore. Needless to say, her mama is very nervous about this.

My girl has been on benazepril for about a week now. Still has BP issues but, between that and a new diffuser our vet recommended, she has been feeling and acting much better (and long may that continue - anti-jinx!). She's lying on the sofa beside me right now snoozing peacefully and gently snoring after a day filled with purrs and shows of affection and engagement. :)

Not sure whether I posted an update about Saoirse's opthalmology check-up but the opthalmologist was very happy with how Saoirse has healed from the op and the intraocular pressure in her left eye was in the acceptable range for her age group.

Here's a pic of Saoirse from a couple of weeks ago with the part of her birthday gizzit that I gave to her early (was so worried she might not see her birthday):

[​IMG]

Saoirse just lurves her RNLI dinghy! With all of the ups and downs of her post-op recovery it was wonderful to have got her something that she enjoys so much! :cat:

My heartfelt thanks and unending gratitude to every single person here who has helped us get this far. We'd be lost without you all.

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

I'd be very grateful if you could all say a little prayer or send a positive thought for Saoirse to come safely through her dental procedure. My stomach has turned to macramé ... :nailbiting:

Mogs

2. Tuxedo Mom

Tuxedo Mom Well-Known Member

How wonderful that the opthalmology report is good. I think she looks just adorable as a one-eyed bandit type kitty!!;)

I will send extra prayers and positive energy for Saoirse's dental tomorrow. I know how worrying it is when our kitties have to be put under for the dental. I am sure that you will suffer more from the procedure than she will. Lots of hugs sent your way.

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

Sarah Smith and Critter Mom like this.
  3. Sharon14

Sharon14 Well-Known Member

What a beautiful pic, she looks so happy! Sending tons and tons of prayers and positive dental vines for sweet Saoirse!:bighug::bighug::bighug:

4. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Mogs, I can empathize with what you are going through. Menace underwent a dental in January and I can honestly say Mary Ann is right. I suffered far more than she did. I'm sure your little trooper will be just fine and so will you! Saoirse has proven herself to be a resilient little girl and she has a Mama Bean who will do anything for her so all will be fine. Once she has the dental done, she will no doubt feel even better and you two can finally just focus on loving one another! Love conquers all!
    She is indeed a beautiful little furball! Love the pic! Keeping you and Saoirse in our thoughts and prayers! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: for you and black-cat-smiley-emoticon.gif for Saoirse! Oh Menace is telling me to send her Meows too!

5. Erica & Carter

Erica & Carter Well-Known Member

Sending a bunch of positive thoughts your way way!!

6. DebG

DebG Well-Known Member

Deb & Fritz send many thoughts and prayers for the dental appointment. Praying the vet doc will do whats best for kitty! Angels by your side....:cat:

Critter Mom likes this.
  7. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

Prayers and vines for Saoirse tomorrow!!! She looks great Mogs!!!

8. Critter Mom

Saoirse's Progress

A little while after the op:

[​IMG]

Just prior to rehospitalisation for fluids (scary time) ...

[​IMG]

Hydrated again (in her kitty hotel):

[​IMG]

Healing progresses (senza Cone of Shame!):

[​IMG]

First day on parole!

[​IMG]

Back at testing station:

[​IMG]

Constipation Nation (not a good time)

[​IMG]

Getting there ...

[​IMG]

What it was all for ...

It was wonderful to see Saoirse playing with her Official Gizzit on her 16th birthday! (Methinks the birthday blood draw and vitamin B12 jab weren't as well received ... ;) )

Sorry 'bout the carp video (haven't a bull's notion of how to use a tablet properly :oops: ). I dedicate the last entry above to everyone who helped get my girl here. My seven blessings on you and all your loved ones.

Mogs

(And if the person who, not knowing the slightest thing about Saoirse or her background, thought it was a good idea to wade into the middle of a crisis to advise me to euthanize my cat sees this post, if you're truly sorry for the fury and deep upset you caused that night then I would ask in all sincerity that you have a good look at how much living my cat still has to do - and wants to do. Perhaps you might think long and hard before ever suggesting such a thing to another person.)

Last edited: Apr 29, 2016
  9. MrWorfMen's Mom

AHHHH! Those shots are great! The pics of Saoirse before and after fluids speak volumes for making sure we keep our kitties well hydrated. My favourites though are Saoirse under her blankie and in her birthday gift bed. She looks so happy and content! :cat::D

Critter Mom likes this.
  10. Critter Mom

I love that one when she was snuggled under her blankie; that's from when the tide started turning for us.

Can you see the video OK, Linda? (I've never uploaded a video before. :nailbiting: )

Mogs

11. Sarah Smith

Sarah Smith Member

She sure is one beautiful lady cat Mogs! I'm sure all will be well tomorrow, but it's so hard and scarey not to have them home with us, even for a day. Sending purrs and prayers with you and your girl tomorow. Please keep us posted when you can :bighug::bighug:

Critter Mom likes this.
  12. Critter Mom

She looked w-a-a-a-a-y worse when I woke up a few hours later. She was so sick ... :(

13. MrWorfMen's Mom

No unfortunately all I get is the picture in a new browser window. Oh wait a minute, now it's showing a video with the play arrow. You've fixed something while I was typing. Let me try again! :rolleyes:

14. MrWorfMen's Mom

Oh Mogs, now it's telling me the video is private. :( Not sure what that is about. When I click on your links, it asks me to sign into Yahoo. Is there some setting in Yahoo that you can change to allow anyone with the link to view?

15. Sharon14

Great pics! Love the one where she's snuggled in her blanket-so sweet!

Critter Mom likes this.
  16. MrWorfMen's Mom

It looks like you moved the video to You Tube. There is some setting in there you can change so it's not private but it's been so long since I put a video up on You Tube I have no idea how to do it now. :rolleyes:

17. Critter Mom

I've just changed the settings on the YT vid. I signed out of my Google account and I can still play it. When you have a mo could you give it another go to see if you can access it, please?

18. Tuxedo Mom

The video is priceless. She looks like a kitten when she is playing.

Mogs you have done such a stellar job with Saoirse!!!

:bighug: :bighug:

Critter Mom likes this.
  19. Jan Radar (GA)

Jan Radar (GA) Well-Known Member

Your video is wonderful!!! What a happy kitty she is playing with her toy. What a lucky kitty she is to have such a wonderful momma to look after her. Sending lots of positive dental thoughts and a :bighug: For you while they do it.

Critter Mom likes this.
  20. Critter Mom

You can see it, Mary Ann! Yay!!! :D

Even though the vid is completely amateur hour, I've been looking forward so much to sharing it with you all so that you would be able to see what you all helped me to do for Saoirse. I'm so grateful to you all. :)

21. SpecklesandMe

SpecklesandMe Member

Also sending positive thoughts! :bighug:

Critter Mom likes this.
  22. Nancy & Cootie (GA)

Nancy & Cootie (GA) Member

It's great to see the pictures & her wonderful progress! And love the video!! Sending prayers and healing thoughts your way for Saoirse's dental tomorrow

Critter Mom likes this.
  23. Critter Mom

Saoirse never got to have an OTJ video, so it's really meaningful to me to be able to share the pictorial story of this recovery. :) Thank you for sending thoughts and prayers for my girl.

:bighug:

24. MrWorfMen's Mom

Mogs, that video brought tears of joy to my eyes. Knowing what you both went through, to see her playing with her new toy and looking soooo good, is just priceless! :bighug::bighug::bighug: BTW, I think you underestimate your video taping capability. That was great!

25. Sharon14

Great video. What a happy kitty she is!!!

Critter Mom likes this.
  26. Critter Mom

C'mon, Linda; half of it was sideways ... :oops: :rolleyes:

27. MrWorfMen's Mom

Didn't notice. I'm a little cockeyed anyway! anim9.gif

Squalliesmom and Critter Mom like this.
  28. Critter Mom

Chortle! :D

29. Andy & Pimp

Andy & Pimp Well-Known Member

:joyful:It's great to see Saoirse doing so well.

Vines and prayers for the dental :bighug:

Critter Mom likes this.
  30. Dawn and Peek-a-Boo (GA)

Dawn and Peek-a-Boo (GA) Member

Dear Mogs,

This just touched me so deeply. Looking at the photos, both the good and the not so good times, knowing your struggle with wanting to make her all better....and then seeing her play with her birthday gifts as you sang Happy Birthday...I'm typing through unstoppable tears...because she looks absolutely radiant and your love for her continues to make her flourish.

When you speak of those who have helped you, Mogs...YOU are one of those for me. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

I'm sending over healing dental vines and prayers for speedy recovery tomorrow. Keep us posted as you receive updates...will be thinking of you both.

Dawn:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Critter Mom likes this.
  31. Dawn and Peek-a-Boo (GA)

I have to watch it a few more times :bighug:

Critter Mom likes this.
  32. Capoo

Capoo Member

Fingers crossed! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Critter Mom likes this.
  33. Diana&Tom

Diana&Tom Well-Known Member

Best post I've seen for ages :) Saiorse really is adorable and living testament to what a mummy's love can do!
    Paws tightly crossed for a speedy recovery today...
    Hugs
    Diana

Critter Mom likes this.
  34. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

Such lovely pics, ahhh...... :joyful:

Sending 'Stonkingly-Good-Dental-And-Quick-Recovery' vibes for darlin' Saoirse, and huge reassuring (((((HUGS))))))) for her doting Mama :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Eliz x

Diana&Tom and Critter Mom like this.
  35. Carol and Rosie (Beaka)

Carol and Rosie (Beaka) Member

Love the pics, she's gorgeous! Positive vibes and good wishes for you both today! Xxx

Critter Mom likes this.
  36. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Oh Mogs! That video is amazing! It's so wonderful to see Saoirse playing and living with such joy and gusto!

I'm sending you tons of healing vines for her dental and for you while it's going on! Chin scritches to Saoirse and hugs to you!

Critter Mom likes this.
  37. Critter Mom

Hi everyone,

Thank you all for sending prayers and positive thoughts for Saoirse to get safely through her dental today. And thank you, too, for the hugs for her very fretty mama bean. Saoirse's at the vets now, so I'm waiting and praying for a call to tell me she's through the anaesthetic OK. (Anti-jinx, anti-jinx.)

Gonna be a very nervous few hours ... ... ...

:nailbiting: :nailbiting: :nailbiting: :nailbiting: :nailbiting: :nailbiting:

Mogs

Diana&Tom likes this.
  38. Tuxedo Mom

Still sending more prayers and positive energy and of course hugs :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

Critter Mom likes this.
  39. Elle & Squeak (GA)

Elle & Squeak (GA) Member

Loved the video, Mogs. Thinking of you and Saoirse today. :bighug:

Critter Mom likes this.
  40. Diana&Tom

Gosh we know what that wait's like... And how horribly empty the house feels. Let us know when you get news!

Critter Mom likes this.
  41. Dawn and Peek-a-Boo (GA)

Thinking of you and Saoirse...it's truly amazing how quickly cats return to normal after dentals!

Dawn :bighug:

Critter Mom likes this.
  42. Sharon14

Thinking of you both and sending positive thoughts and prayers:bighug:

Critter Mom likes this.
  43. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Oh Mogs, Saoirse looks just wonderful! Loved all the pics, and the video is awesome! You have done so well by her, Mogs, all your love and care just shines from her. It's great seeing her so happy and healthy! :)

Sending Saoirse loads of prayers and healthy, positive thoughts for a smooth procedure and a quick recovery. I know this is at least as stressful for you as it is for her, so I am also sending loads of prayers and positive vines for you, too. (((Hugs)))

Lucy :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

44. Critter Mom

UPDATE:

Saoirse has come round from the anaesthetic. Minus her upper right canine, but that's A-OK: there was a lot of swelling and I'm thrilled to know that our main vet found a definitive source for Saoirse's pain - and that he has removed that source of pain. I love my baby so much!!! (((Saoirse)))

Thank you all for your prayers, positive vibes and healing thoughts. They are working again, and I am so, so grateful to have all of you in my girl's corner!

Our vet used our oscillometric BP monitor to check on Saoirse today. I'm really grateful that I was able to afford it. (((Thank you, Universe!)))

STOP PRESS:

Just got the call to say I can go get my baby girl and bring her home!!!! The relief!!!! :D

Mogs

45. Diana&Tom

Yay! Happy dance! I can feel your relief all the way here in Surrey!
    Well done little Saiorse (and mamma!)
    Diana xx

Critter Mom likes this.
  46. Critter Mom

All that has been going through my mind was the worry that, after such a valiant fight, the dental might have done for Saoirse. She has been getting consistently better and better with each passing day over the last fortnight. She had a great day yesterday and she was all purry and content this morning (heart rate 30 bpm lower than it was before starting the BP meds and the diffuser). I was so afraid that it might be the last time we'd be together but I was so grateful that she was relaxed and happy in herself. I couldn't write about my anguish beforehand for fear that seeing it in writing might make it come true ... :nailbiting:

I'm so grateful that she is through the dental. Now praying that my darling girl will have a smooth and speedy recovery.

Saoirse, I love you with all my heart!!!! I'm so lucky to be your Person!!!!

((((((((Saoirse))))))))

Mogs

47. Diana&Tom

I soooooooooooooo know how you feel Mogs.....

Critter Mom likes this.
  48. Critter Mom

(((Diana)))

49. Capoo

Capoo Member

Such a Bonne Nouvelle!!!:woot:

Critter Mom likes this.
  50. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

Awesome news Mogs!!! Give her scritches and kisses from me! Thanks for the update!

Critter Mom likes this.
  51. Critter Mom

Bien sûr! :D

Capoo likes this.
  52. Elle & Squeak (GA)

Elle & Squeak (GA) Member

Great news, Mogs! Sending positive energy your way for a nice, speedy recovery. :)

Critter Mom likes this.
  53. Squalliesmom

SO, so happy to hear all went well!!!
    dancing kittens.gif

(((Hugs))) for you and gentles scritches for Saoirse! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Critter Mom likes this.
  54. Critter Mom

Saoirse's home!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:D

55. Capoo

Capoo Member

Home Sweet Home.... :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Critter Mom likes this.
  56. Tuxedo Mom

YAH!!!!! [​IMG]

Sending lots of "feel better soon vines" for Saoirse. Now you can relax a bit Mogs! :bighug:

Critter Mom likes this.
  57. Lisa and Witn (GA)

Lisa and Witn (GA) Well-Known Member

That is great news.

Critter Mom likes this.
  58. Critter Mom

There's an ice cube's chance of that, Mary Ann: now comes the latest episode of Food Wars. :rolleyes: Today is a major hurdle cleared, mind, and I'm very relieved Saoirse's safely through the anaesthetic. Thank you for the prayers and vines!

Mogs

59. Diana&Tom

No place like it!

60. Sharon14

Wonderful news!

Critter Mom likes this.
  61. Sarah Smith

Sarah Smith Member

So glad your girls home!! Now you probably get the silent treatment for the rest of the day if shes anything like a few of my crew lol She'll be so much happier now without that nasty toof hurtin :) :bighug::bighug: Give her some gentle scritches from me

Critter Mom likes this.
  62. Dawn and Peek-a-Boo (GA)

Fantastic news! Sending some good appy vines your way...so glad she's back home with you.

:bighug::bighug::bighug:
    Dawn

Critter Mom likes this.
  63. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

[​IMG]. Home is the best place to be. Now with the nasty tooth gone, there is no stopping her.

Critter Mom likes this.
  64. Critter Mom

As was to be expected Saoirse was very quiet and groggy after getting home so I settled her on the sofa and laid her fleecy blankie over so that she would be nice and warm while she rested. She perked up a little about half an hour ago and (... cue drum roll ...) she ate a little bit for me! :D

Saoirse started wandering around about quarter of an hour ago but (anti-jinx) she didn't hide! She went and had a look out the window then she came over to me and gave me a serious dose of affectionate nuzzling!! She's sitting beside me now purring like a mad thing; bupe influenced, but I'll take it gladly. :D

Sarah, I think she'll be much happier without the sore tooty peg. I'm certainly much happier knowing that it's not going to hurt her any more.

Mogs

65. Critter Mom

BTW, forgot to report that Saoirse also had what looks like a little skin tag removed while she was under. She had a few removed when she had the dental last year, and the lab report for those came back benign. Fingers and paws crossed the same will hold true this time.

Mogs

Shoeskitty-GA and Squalliesmom like this.
  66. Diana&Tom

All sounds good! In my experience cats recover much quicker from anaesthetic and minor surgery than we do... I know they can't "tell" us in so many words but they seem to make a near-instant recovery. I've been undergoing dental work for the last few months (extractions 'n' all) and it's really not much fun... Playing at being a convalescent and having an excuse to eat nothing but custard and rice pudding for a few days palls quite quickly ;-)

I have a feeling l'il Saiorse is going to be extra - specially looked after for a little while :)

Diana

Squalliesmom likes this.
  67. Critter Mom

Oh, Diana! :( That can't be fun. :bighug: Have you much more work to get done?

Thankfully Saoirse seems to be doing better coming round from this anaesthetic compared to the one in February. Mind you, considering what Saoirse had been through in the days before the surgery that's not exactly surprising.

I felt so sorry for Saoirse this morning. She had vomited early in the morning because of the long pre-anaesthetic fast but then she got sick again twice shortly after the pre-op sedative was administered. I'm very relieved she's already showing interest in food: she shows no interest in drinking these days so to keep her properly hydrated it's even more critical that she eat for me.

Saoirse's gonna get all the TLC she can handle. (And probably a bit more besides!)

(((Saoirse)))

Mogs

68. Critter Mom

I was very glad of the hug today, Jan! Thank you. :bighug:

Mogs

69. Elizabeth and Bertie

Elizabeth and Bertie Well-Known Member

Brilliant news!
    What a relief for you, Mogs. :bighug:
    I'm sure Saoirse will get over this very soon, and be enjoying her grub again. :)

Hugs,

Eliz x

Critter Mom likes this.
  70. Critter Mom

Saoirse has just reached out her paw to rest it on my leg. It's one of the ways she says: "I love you!" :cat:

Delivery of everyone's scritches now in progress - and Saoirse's lapping them up! :D

Mogs

71. Alexi

Alexi Member

So happy your little kitty is doing well :bighug:

Critter Mom likes this.
  72. Maggies Mom Debby

Maggies Mom Debby Well-Known Member

So happy to hear your darling girl is recovering so well! Keep up the good work, and give many scritches.

Critter Mom likes this.
  73. Capoo

Capoo Member

Hi!

Have you been woken up this way this morning?

If so, that means that everything goes well...

74. Critter Mom

Bonjour, Sophie! Ça va?

I love Simon's Cat! :cat: Saoirse knows all those tricks bar one. Thankfully there's no baseball bat in the house. ;)

Saoirse has just had first brekkie. In spite of the post-extraction tenderness she seems to be more comfortable than before the dental and thus far she is eating fairly well! (Anti-jinx.)

How is Capoo doing?

Mogs

75. Capoo

Capoo Member

Bonjour Mogs,

I'm very happy for Saoirse!

Capoo is doing well: he's no more constipated, has recovered his appetite, and plays a lot since Wednesday!
    During this episode, I have decreased the doses down to 0.75 IU BID, and he seems to appreciate it :)!
    The only thing that he hates is the force feeding with a gel with gastric dressing properties. He should receive this twice a day, and each time, my kitchen and myself are covered with white spots:woot:.

Critter Mom likes this.
  76. Blamethecats and Hannah

Blamethecats and Hannah Member

Oh, Mogs... I'm so glad things are looking up for you and Saoirse! Your pictures and video are wonderful... keep posting them, please. Saoirse looks and acts great! So glad the dental went well, too. Sorry I've not been here to find your posts until now. Have had my attentions diverted by a sick husband. Things are a bit touch-n-go at our house, right now. Sending hugs for you and scritches for your beautiful and HEALTHY Saoirse.

Critter Mom likes this.
  77. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Extra TLC always in order. Love that video. Tux woke me that way this morning (minus the bat). I love when he taps my face. He is so careful when he does. Now the little nips I can do without.

Critter Mom likes this.
  78. Critter Mom

I'm so glad to hear that Capoo seems to be getting past the worst of the pancreatitis episode, Sophie! Sorry to hear about his attempts to redecorate your kitchen and redesign your wardrobe. :rolleyes:;)

I just had a look at Capoo's spreadsheet: it's great to see how well he's doing on his new food and the Lantus. :D

Mogs

Capoo likes this.
  79. MrWorfMen's Mom

Yeah! :D:D:D:D:D:D So happy to hear Saoirse did well, is safely home in the arms of her Mama Bean and being a little trooper! We have twin cats now! Menace lost her right upper canine at her dental in January too.:woot: By day two Menace was back eating her kibble :)banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:) with the help of pain meds so I'm sure Saorise will continue to improve and be good as new in no time especially with all the spoiling and TLC she's getting!
    :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug: for you and black-cat-smiley-emoticon.gif for Saoirse!

Critter Mom likes this.
  80. Critter Mom

@Blamethecats and Hannah -

Hi Carole,

As always I'm so glad to hear from you and I'm glad you enjoyed Saoirse's piccies. Thank you so much for helping me to get her this far. :)

I'm really sorry to hear about your hubby being poorly and that things are so tricky at the moment. I will keep you all in my thoughts and prayers. Let me know how things are going as and when you can.

:bighug::bighug::bighug:

Mogs

81. Critter Mom

Magic, innit! :D Glad you enjoyed the vid.

Mogs

82. Critter Mom

Have a gander at this:

BG Levels (Alphatrak - mmol/L)

Friday

AMPS - 9.0 (+24.75 after previous insulin dose of 0.25IU Lantus, and no proper depot in place - the week has been rather fraught here for various reasons.)
    Afternoon: >20 (at vets)
    PMPS: No test. Skipped dose again for safety - regulation quite good recently and too many new variables in the mix (plus an exhausted mama bean).

Saturday

AMPS: 6.8 ! ! ! ! (Down from 20+ mmol/L and +49.5 after 0.25IU Lantus) - Gave token dose of Lantus (midline zero on 0.3ml demi syringe).

AM+3: 5.5 ! ! ! !

AM+5: 5.7 ! ! ! !

Waaaaaaaaaaah!!! :woot: :woot: :woot:

Ladyship is not getting any insulin tonight. The last thing either of us need right now is a pyjama party. :nailbiting:

You could be onto something here, Linda: FDMB cat twinning! :cat:

Mogs

Last edited: Apr 30, 2016
  83. MrWorfMen's Mom

What beautiful numbers Mogs! Way to go Saoirse! Keep up the good work! hapydafhf.gif hapydafhf.gif hapydafhf.gif hapydafhf.gif hapydafhf.gif

Critter Mom likes this.
  84. Capoo

Capoo Member

And for the new food, thanks a lot to you: he is completely crazy with Sheba, as you suggested to try!!!:bighug:

Critter Mom likes this.
  85. mucacopatarica

mucacopatarica Well-Known Member

Beautiful Girl is Saoirse. I would snuggle and kiss her right now :cat: And how great numbers! :woot:

Critter Mom likes this.
  86. Critter Mom

Oh, I'm so glad Capoo likes the Sheba, Sophie! :bighug:

Capoo likes this.
  87. Critter Mom

Thank you! I'll pass them on for you!!! :cat:

Mogs

mucacopatarica likes this.
  88. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

It was wonderful to see Saoirse looking so well post operative. And so very glad the dental went well is all behind you. :)

Critter Mom likes this.
  89. Critter Mom

Hi Bobbie,

As always, lovely to hear from you! The recovery has been very much a roller coaster. The peaks have been wonderful but some of the troughs were really tough; not least of all the period where I was having difficulty trying to resolve Saoirse's constipation problem because it made her very lethargic and she felt absolutely lousy. (I think the constipation alongside the chronic pancreatitis makes the symptoms of the latter worse.) Thank you so much for being there for us. :bighug:

How's your pirate kitty doing?

Mogs

Bobbie And Bubba likes this.
  90. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

We are on the same roller coaster. He was regulated and then lost it when we reduced his dose for the pet sitter when we had to go out of state. I am trying to reel him back in after 2 dose increases. He also had a bout with constipation prior to that that sent his BG's soaring. But he is doing okay otherwise and wants to have his outdoor privileges again but I did promise him if he goes OTJ he can go outside again to help with the mouse population outside.

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/4-29-bubba-am-308-4-275-7-5-200-pm-93.157009/

91. Sieden

Sieden Member

I loved that photo too, so cute. Your video was good. I love that kitty hotel too, it's like a little tent lol.

Critter Mom likes this.
  92. Critter Mom

Glad you like the visuals! :)

It is one of the best things I've ever bought! It made such a difference to have somewhere roomy and not prison-like for Saoirse to be while she was convalescing. In particular, once the Cone of Shame was removed but her eye was still in the process of healing it was great to know she was in a safe environment where she couldn't snag it on anything while I was trying to get some sleep. Our vets were very impressed with it, too, and they're going to recommend the playpens to other clients for their small convalescent pets. :)

Mogs

93. Critter Mom

Oh dear, Bobbie: he has thrown you some wobblers! Sorry to hear about your car as well. :( I hope Bubba settles back into better numbers soon - and that you get a nice new motor. :bighug:

Mogs

94. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

Mogs! Just wanted to say I'm so glad to hear that Saoirse is doing well (anti jinx). As always, sending chin scritches for Saoirse and hugs for you!

Critter Mom likes this.
  95. Critter Mom

Need dem hugs right now, Rachel. Her nibs has eaten very little this afternoon and evening. :( (Probably the antibiotics.) She therefore hasn't had much water and she's r-e-a-l-l-y cranky right now. :( I see a kitty burrito in our very near future. Hey, ho! :rolleyes:

How are you and yours doing?

Mogs

96. Rachel

Rachel Well-Known Member

We're doing all right Mogs. I'm still the paranoid mama who follows the kitties to the litter box and then immediately scoops to see what kind of pee they had. I know the man of the house thinks I'm nuts but considering ALL the times we've had urinary issues...I feel justified. I'm hoping the food change we did from the crystals is going to end up being the key....and they'll stay healthy. Anti jinx anti jinx!!!

I'm sorry to hear that Saoirse is feeling a bit poorly! As you say...the ABs could be the culprit. I'm sure once she gets some rest and used to the ABs or doesn't need them anymore, she'll be fine (anti jinx!!!). I know Saoirse is a trooper! She keeps pulling through. As you said once..she has a lot of living left to do!

I know it's tough on mama though. Know that we're thinking of you always and you can have all the hugs you need! All 3 of my little ones are sending healing vines across the pond. They have made it through their own tough times, so their vines must be strong!

Keep us posted when you're feeling up to it. And don't forget to take care of yourself. Eat a little something when you can and drink something...tea maybe. You've gotta keep your strength up! (((MOGS AND SAOIRSE))))

Critter Mom likes this.
  97. Marje and Gracie

Marje and Gracie Senior Member Moderator

(((Mogs)))

I'm sorry I haven't checked in lately but I am so thrilled to see your beauty in her video. She is gorgeous and full of light and life. She has the most incredible mum ever! I'm so happy she made it through her dental and she is doing so great.

Many dental healing vines and hugs for your girl. And also for her amazing mum!

Critter Mom likes this.
  98. Squalliesmom

Hi Mogs, just checking in to see how Saoirse is doing post dental. Hope she is eating well now and that she is recovering nicely! (((Hugs))) for Mama bean and gentle scritches for beautiful Saoirse! Oh, and scritches for Luna, too! :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

99. stacia

stacia Member

I've been in and out with (thankfully) not cat-related drama in my life. So happy to see THIS post from you and your dear kitty! No jinxing from me but I'm quite glad to read it.

100. Andy & Pimp

Andy & Pimp Well-Known Member

Glad to read the dental went well and Saoirse's numbers are looking great.

Stay well, Mogs.:bighug:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.