Hello, my name is Bobbi and my cat, Angel, is 16 years old. We went to the vet on Tuesday afternoon because Angel had not been eating well (completely stopped eating dry food, so switched to wet food to get her to eat), lost some weight, and was drinking excessively. There is a lot of info here, I'm sorry if it is too much or too confusing, I am just very concerned. The results at the vet were not entirely clear and indicated high blood sugar as well as some issue with her kidneys. The vet wanted to do a urine sample, I think for a specific gravity test?, but we couldn't get a urine sample at the time. He decided that we should treat for diabetes to get her blood sugar down. She was given an insulin shot in the office (around 1:30pm), I am not sure how much, as well as sub-q fluids. She really perked up for a couple hours when we got home, but I'm not sure what the cause was. We were prescribed Humulin 2 units every 12 hours to be started the next day. The vet also said we should switch to a low carb food, so we bought Wellness wet food and have been feeding her that. She is not eating as much as she should be, but seems to be eating slightly more than before the trip to the vet (she seems to like this food a lot). Her drinking was much less yesterday (probably due to the sub-q fluids?) and seems to be a little bit excessive today. I can try to measure how much, but we have another cat, so it would only be an estimate. I did Angel's first shot this morning at 7am after she had eaten something. She seemed pretty lethargic most of the day and would pick at her food every so often, then around 1pm she followed me in the living room, laid down, and when I started petting her, she kind of grumbled at me a little bit. She went to use the litter box, then vomited right afterwards. This is the first time through any of this that she has vomited, I'm wondering if it was due to switching her food so abruptly. I was very concerned about giving her more insulin after this without knowing her blood sugar levels and I read some info on this site about meters. I took a reading at 6pm (+11 hours from her last shot) and it was only 80. I have been reading some of the forums on here and saw that I should wait and test again, which I did, at 9pm (+14) and it was 78. So I decided to skip her dose for tonight, I hope this was the right decision! I am worried that the diagnosis might not be correct, since the vet only had the one blood test to go off of and seemed to think it could be a problem with her kidneys instead. I am supposed to try to get a urine sample tomorrow (will be hard because we have 2 cats, so I'm not sure the best way to do this) and have it at the vet by Friday. My plan is to test her blood sugar again in the morning around 6am to see if they are elevated, and then proceed from there, but I am hoping to get some advice here........thank you.