? Should I Be Worried? 06/29/18 Squallie AMBG 66, PMPS 190, +2/246

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Squalliesmom, Jun 29, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Squalliesmom

Squalliesmom Well-Known Member

Yesterday

Well, I just dropped Squallie off at the vet specialty center. I am shaking like a leaf and feel a little queasy. I don’t like being away from him! They promised me they will take the very best care of him, and they will let him have the T-shirt. I am worried that they will overdose his insulin, though. I’m just worried in general!!!:nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting::nailbiting:

Last edited: Jun 29, 2018
  2. Idjit's mom

Idjit's mom Well-Known Member

We are all thinking of you and little Squallie. I know you are worried, I won't tell you not to be, that's impossible. We are all rooting for him and sending vines, healing energy, prayers and everything else we can think of. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Squalliesmom likes this.
  3. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Sending vines to Squallie and :bighug::bighug::bighug: to you!

Squalliesmom likes this.
  4. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Squallie will be okay. After all its Squallie. T-shirt???? They give you a t-shirt?

I dread July 10 for us, leaving Olive for hers. It's more because I don't know the vet and because like you she isn't with me. Take notes let me know how you do it. I will need instructions. I'm not taking her insulin in.

:bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Squalliesmom likes this.
  5. Nan & Amber (GA)

Nan & Amber (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending vines and :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: and a hope that time passes swiftly today!

Squalliesmom likes this.
  6. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending prayers for Squallie and calming prayers for you. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Squalliesmom likes this.
  7. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Sending dental vines for Squallie and serenity vines for you. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Squalliesmom likes this.
  8. Squalliesmom

Thank you, Lou, much appreciated! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

9. carfurby (GA)

Lucy wanted to leave one of her shirts for Squallie and wasn't sure they would let her.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  10. Squalliesmom

Thanks, Amanda! Hope you and yours are well! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Osha likes this.
  11. Squalliesmom

Thanks, Paula! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

No, the T-shirt is one I sent with him because it smells like me and home. I don't know this vet, either, but the one time I met him I liked him. I am trusting him to take the best care possible of my sweet boy. He's never been away from me for this long, before. :(:nailbiting: They had me bring his insulin in, in case they need to give him some. He didn't get the half-dose he was supposed to this morning because his BG was only 66.

12. Squalliesmom

Thanks, Nan! :bighug::bighug::bighug:
    The time can't pass fast enough, lol!

13. Squalliesmom

Thanks again, Carla! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

14. Squalliesmom

Thanks, Tracey! The vines are much appreciated! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

15. Squalliesmom

They kind of hesitated, and said they usually don't like to do it because sometimes things end up not going home with the pet it belongs to; I said I didn't care at all what happened to the T-shirt afterwards, as long as he got to use it while he was there, and that seemed to relieve her mind.

16. Beth 73

Beth 73 Well-Known Member

Oh Lucy ❤️ Never has a kitty and momma had more supporters sending any more love, thoughts, vines and prayers to them than you and Squallie :bighug: We are all there in spirit with Squallie and with you :bighug::bighug::bighug: May you sense and draw from this ❤️:bighug:❤️:bighug:❤️:bighug:❤️:bighug:

Squalliesmom likes this.
  17. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

18. Squalliesmom

The vet called, Squallie is out of surgery and they say he did great! They said I can pick him up in about 4 hours (after 5 PM, Eastern). They took out everything except his incisors - those tiny little front teeth. The vet said his teeth were all affected - he must have been in a lot of pain from it. Cats are so good at hiding pain! Of course, they tried to get me to give him a shot of Convenia, which I politely refused, so we're doing another round of Clavamox, and he'll have bupe for pain. I forgot to ask whether or not they gave him any insulin, so I'll need to ask when I pick him up.

Thank you so much to everybody who has given us so much support and encouragement; it really has meant the world to us. I don't think I could have gone through with it if not for you all. :bighug:❤️:bighug:❤️:bighug:

19. carfurby (GA)

That is wonderful to hear. Squallie will feel so much better now. Sending prayers for a quick recovery. :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Squalliesmom likes this.
  20. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

That is great to hear. Speedy recovery wishes for Squallie.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  21. Carol in Chicago

Carol in Chicago Member

Wonderful update. So glad it went well!

Squalliesmom likes this.
  22. Shoeskitty-GA

Shoeskitty-GA Well-Known Member

So glad to hear this!!!! Poor Squallie Man, you must have really been in so much pain! Congrats Lucy!

Squalliesmom likes this.
  23. Beth 73

YIPPEEE and YAHOOO :bighug: :) :woot: :joyful: .... so so SO glad to hear !!!!

Squalliesmom likes this.
  24. Squalliesmom

The vet just called me again (I almost had a heart attack when I saw their name on the caller ID!) to ask about Squallie's insulin, so that's one less thing I'll have to remember when I pick him up, lol. They have not given him any insulin, they were going to but I suggested that I just go ahead and give it myself at his usual time tonight, and the vet thought that would be fine. :cat:

25. Kris & Teasel

Kris & Teasel Well-Known Member

I'm so glad this went well for Squallie. :)

Squalliesmom likes this.
  26. Olive & Paula

Wonderful news. He will feel so much better now and maybe not need insulin. Now go pick up your baby, go home settle in with a drink and relax.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  27. Beth 73

Tell Squallie , Elmo says “ Welcome Home Fellow Super Senior “ and sends extra head butts and rubs :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Squalliesmom likes this.
  28. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

See how he's eating first. I would take his BG when you get home, then again at PMPS. If he's dropping, and/or not eating because of the mouth ouchies, you might want a reduced dose.

So glad that dental is done and dusted! :bighug:

Squalliesmom likes this.
  29. Squalliesmom

My sweet boy is home, and happy to be here. He was very hungry and ate about 1/2 his usual meal. His BG was quite high - he hadn't had any insulin today - so I gave him a slightly lower dose than usual. I'm hoping he will eat again later. I got him some tasty baby food, which he loves, because I figured it's nice and mushy-soft. He got a dose of bupe, and has settled in for a nap. :):):)

30. Beth 73

This makes me smile , Lucy :bighug: Sweet dreams and happy appy to dearest Squallie . And restful night sleep to you, Lucy :bighug:

Squalliesmom likes this.
  31. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Well done Stripey Man. You did your job.

Now gum up all that lovely food for your L slobber chops.:cat:

Beth 73 and Squalliesmom like this.
  32. Squalliesmom

He was 190 at PMPS so I gave him a skinny 2 instead of his usual 2.25. Two hours later he's at 246 - should I be worried? He did have about 1/2 jar of baby food, which has cornstarch in it, so I figured that raised his BG a bit. The rest of the food he had was Fancy Feast Beef, the Classic stuff.

33. Squalliesmom

Thank you, Beth! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

34. Olive & Paula

I don't think you need to be worried. He didn't have full doses today. Did they give dextrose IV? That's sugar. He might have some pain going.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  35. Squalliesmom

Yes, he did his job exactly like I told him to, such a good boy, he is! He hasn't quite mastered the knack of gumming yet, lol! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

36. Squalliesmom

It doesn't look like they gave him any glucose. I do think he was hurting a bit, I gave him a dose of bupe and, of course, now he's snoozing away. He didn't have any insulin at all today, until tonight.

37. HWright

HWright Well-Known Member

Hey, Lucy. Sorry I’ve been out of the loop here. Spunky had surgery yesterday.

Great news that Squallie's oral surgery went well. And I’ll bet, grogginess and all, he is one happy fella to be back home.

Vines for you and for Squallie's steady recovery. And scritches for your sweet boy! ❤️

Squalliesmom likes this.
  38. Squalliesmom

Thanks, Sina! I hope Spunky's surgery went well! I've kind of been out of the loop, as well.

Yes, Squallie was very glad to be home, lol!

Hugs to you and gentle scritches to all the Tribe. :bighug:❤️

39. Jill & Alex (GA)

Jill & Alex (GA) Senior Member Moderator

No, don't worry. Try to get some rest tonight. Stress can be exhausting!

:bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

40. Squalliesmom

Thank you, Jill. :bighug::bighug::bighug:
    I AM exhausted, and was afraid I was going to need to sit up all night with him, but he's snoozing peacefully, so I think I'll try to catch at least a couple of hours of sleep myself. :)

Jill & Alex (GA) likes this.
  41. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

After all the stress, pain, being off schedule and probably just feeling kind of cruddy from everything being out of whack, his numbers could be pretty wonky for awhile.

Just give him extra loving (like you could!!) and get some rest while you're able to!!

Yo Squallie, dude!!….Sounds like da toof fairy owes you big time!! Just think about all da good stuff you'll be able to get wif all dat money!! "Hello..Chewy?? I'll take a dozen of dis and a half dozen of dat" ~ China

42. Squalliesmom

Thanks, Chris! :bighug::bighug::bighug:

Hey China, I likes da way you fink. I gots lots of teef for da toof fairy!
    Squallie

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  43. Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey

Tricia Cinco(GA) & Harvey Well-Known Member

Some cats go lower after anesthesia, but being in pain and all the trauma of being at the vet, plus no insulin, could certainly send his numbers up. I'm glad he's eaten something and is resting. Now you rest and take care of you, too.

Loads of healing vines on the way for sweet Squallie.

Squalliesmom likes this.
  44. LizzieInTexas

LizzieInTexas Well-Known Member

Hope you both got a restful nights sleep and Mr. S is doing well this morning. :bighug:

Squalliesmom likes this.
  45. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Wonderful update!!!:bighug:

Squalliesmom likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.