Snickers 6-28 - AMPS 380, +6 314, PMPS 416

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by SingsToCats, Jun 28, 2020.

1. SingsToCats

SingsToCats Member

I haven't posted in a few days. I didn't give his full pm dose a couple of times, because I couldn't stay up with him. It seems to have set him back.

I raised his dose by .25, I hope I can get him back down to reasonable numbers. I should be able to stay up with him this week. Depending on what happens I may switch to TR.

Previous:
    http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...-388-question-about-fructosamine-test.231345/

2. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Hi Liz
    If you are following SLGS you should have reduced the dose after you got 79 at @ +6 on 6/23 down to 2 units. He bounced after the run of greens that day and he had also had the depot depleted some from the reduced dose. That would explain the higher numbers that followed.
    Then you increased this morning. With SLGS..... if you skip or reduce a dose, the count of 7 days starts again.
    Five days ago 2.25 units took him down to 79. Once the depot fills you need to be aware that the 2.5 units will likely take him lower.

3. SingsToCats

SingsToCats Member

Ug, ok. I was just worried because he stayed so high. Do you think 2.5 is too much for him?

4. Bron and Sheba (GA)

Bron and Sheba (GA) Well-Known Member

Only time will tell. Just be aware that he could potentiality drop lower on that dose and you need to be testing frequently to monitor him.
    Make sure you have your hypo box ready with all you need in case of low numbers.

SingsToCats likes this.
  5. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Since testing at night does not seem to be in the cards right now I think you should stick with SLGS.