? Supplements to Combat Insulin Resistance

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by bambinaki, Apr 5, 2020.

1. bambinaki

bambinaki Well-Known Member

2. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Can't answer on this. If all the ads on TV were true, everyone would be healthy, not overweight, not have wrinkles etc.

However, this product has dextrin which is fiber. That is not necessarily a bad thing, I just get the pure form, psyllium husk and more for the constipation and anal glands issue.

bambinaki likes this.
  3. Olive & Paula

Olive & Paula Well-Known Member

Just need some patience Karen. Maxi will break through eventually. Ollie got up to 8.75 units and I didn't use R. His body just isn't ready yet and as much as we would like, you just can't rush what they are not ready for. :bighug::bighug::bighug::bighug:

Pamela & Amethyst and bambinaki like this.
  4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Cats need however much insulin they need. You just have to be the tank, keep increasing, keep moving forward. R is helping to take the edge off while you do that.

It's not extra weight that is causing Maxi's diabetes, but rather a benign tumour on the pituitary. Treating the pituitary tumour and giving him as much insulin as he needs is the solution, not some supplement for humans. Today Maxi gets his 8th dose of cabergoline, hopefully you will see something soon.

bambinaki likes this.
  5. Sienne and Gabby (GA)

Sienne and Gabby (GA) Senior Member Moderator

The product has mixed reviews and the research is sketchy. Most of the studies they refer to are pilot data. There is no reference given for the randomized controlled trial. It's also a weight loss product -- it's not a product meant to have an effect on diabetes. Even if you look at the Amazon reviews, most of the people who were successful with the product noted that the benefit was shifting to a pattern of health eating.

There really aren't magic fixes out there. Getting your cat's BG in better control takes time and patience.

Judy and Freckles and bambinaki like this.
  6. Sandy and Black Kitty

Sandy and Black Kitty Well-Known Member

Didn't see a condo for 04/06 so posting here in most recent.

I noticed that according to your ss Maxi has lost 1.5lbs in the past 5 days. That's cause for concern.

7. bambinaki

bambinaki Well-Known Member

Yes. What do you think I should do?

His weight goes up and down. About 3 weeks ago he had a 1.5 pound drop. I don't think the scale is exactly accurate.