Taco 10/17 AMPS 115 after some work, did a replay. See SS , TMI

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Cindy&Taco, Oct 17, 2018.

1. Cindy&Taco

Cindy&Taco Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...mps-173-3-172-5-144-8-131-11-66-55-50.204990/

Taco decided he was going to do a replay like 2 days ago @ his +11.
    This time he got VERY VERY little to steer him . I gave him his AM shot of 2Us , I want to play with that number for a couple days, and perhaps give him a MC, at around +8 in the AM. I really dont know if this will work like I want it to, but, it's worth a shot, no pun intended, to see if he quits with those right before shot time scares.
    My other option is going back to Prozinc, tho I really dont want to .

2. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Interesting cycle today to get those blues at +3, 4 ,& 5 then back to greens again. Were the blues with a pet meter? It can make you a bit coo coo to go back and forth between a pet and human meter.

I think he is looking good on Lantus and these nice green cycles are what you want to see. When he gets more used to being in them, he will start to bounce less and stay in them longer.

Having used ProZinc first and now Lantus, I would never go back as I think Lantus is so much more predicable and has a set protocol to follow. I was always guessing with ProZinc.

3. Cindy&Taco

Cindy&Taco Member

Taco is on Levemir, he was on Prozinc for almost one year 8/17-7/18.

The only 2 readings with the pet meter were at the +8 & + 8:30 and were also taken with the relion. I havent taken the pet meter out in months, the blues were with my relion prime as were all others.

Like I've mentioned in another condo from 2 days ago, I'm really not liking the TR protocol, and don't know what to do at this point.

4. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

The only way to know about the MC at +8 is to try it but I would try LC first. I used to feed my girl around +3, +6 and +8-9 while on Levemir (with Lantus a lot of folks don't feed past +6) and while I still got lowish pre-shots, I found it worked well for us. ECID and until you experiment I don't think anyone can tell you if it will help or not. You could try giving him some LC at +8 or +9 tonight and see what he hands you pre-shot.

Gill & George likes this.
  5. Cindy&Taco

Cindy&Taco Member

He already gets all the LC he wants , until it gets picked up at +10. Sorry I wasnt clear :) At +5am he gets a bowl of LC enough to last him till +10, and theres usually about 1/3 left. So, I don't know, I may try it, after I see what this 2u does. He may not need it. I'll wait a couple days. Thank you :)

6. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Wow, Cindy. Taco is not playing!
    Hopefully, this means he really wants to go into remission quickly so he is earning lots of reductions along the way, and he is dragging you along for the ride.

It seems like you're already ahead of the game a bit since Taco didn't require as much steering this time around. That sounds like an improvement already!

7. MrWorfMen's Mom

If you think he needs MC, then try that. I didn't realize you've been leaving LC food out till +10. This is where your specific knowledge of your cat comes into play. This is like a little puzzle. You just have to keep fiddling with the pieces until the picture starts to come into focus. :)

8. Cindy&Taco

Cindy&Taco Member

I may once I see what this 2u will do. I am blinded by the picture he's showing me at the moment ;) I need a x100 mag. glass to see it right now.Hope the dogs didnt eat part of the puzzle :D

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
  9. MrWorfMen's Mom

Cindy, I was sure your link to Taco's spreadsheet said "Taco's Spreadsheet" before and I know I could access it. Now you have the URL in your signature and when I clicked on it, it said I needed permission to view. Did you change your share settings?

10. Cindy&Taco

Cindy&Taco Member

Let me check, I did change something

11. Cindy&Taco

Cindy&Taco Member

Please check it now

12. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Still says Need permission

Go to the Share in the top right....when the new box opens, click on "advanced" in the bottom right and then choose "anyone with the link can view"

13. Cindy&Taco

Cindy&Taco Member

please ckeck now

Chris & China (GA) likes this.
  14. MrWorfMen's Mom

Working now! :)

Cindy&Taco likes this.
  15. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

I think considering how hard you had to work to keep him above 50 on 10/14, that it probably wouldn't hurt to try 2.5U for a few days.

We usually wait for them to drop below 50, but when you have to keep feeding and keep feeding to keep them above 50, that can indicate it's time to reduce the dose.

Hopefully he'll be high enough to shoot the 2.5 in the morning. By shooting 2U this morning and tonight, that should drain his depot some so hopefully the 2.5 will be a good dose.

Cindy&Taco likes this.
  16. Cindy&Taco

Cindy&Taco Member

Thank you for the feedback :) I'll have to see what kind of surprise he has for us at +10am. He just needs so much intervention when he does that, I have all the time in the world for him, but, he scares me so much with how fast he drops, I can't imagine not being there for him :( I would just be satisfied with him in the low blues, I think that's why I'm having so much of a problem with TR.

17. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Those low preshots or low numbers around preshot that you can get with Lev really do take some getting uesd to. I found it quite unnerving at first. After a while, I started craving them because the cycles were much more predictable than when Neko started high.

Looks like the depot is wearing off and you'll get a good sleep tonight as a result.

Cindy&Taco likes this.
  18. Cindy&Taco

Cindy&Taco Member

I hope so,as far as sleep. As far as Taco, it worries me so much because he doesnt know when to stop dropping. I thought every move through today very carefully, not to give in too quickly, I will get it eventually. My goal for him right now is to get him in the lower to mid blues, I really dont care much about getting him into the low darker greens. I know I took a larger reduce than what is "usually" called for, and it most likely wont work, but, I have to try, I will see what his BG is like at +11 and determine if he gets 2 or 2.50. My daughter will test him at +9 and see if that is when he starts his shananigans, we'll work from there :)

19. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Yes, my mistake, Lantus and Lev are pretty much the same except later nadirs with the Lev.

Cindy&Taco likes this.