Taco 10/18 ,AMPS 268, +3 181,+5 140,+7 83,+8 57,+8.5 46,PMPS 90,+1 153,+3 149,+5 166,+9 208,+11 329

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Cindy&Taco, Oct 18, 2018.

1. Cindy&Taco

Cindy&Taco Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...-did-a-replay-see-ss-tmi.205027/#post-2272909

Gave Taco 2.50 U this AM as that would have been his reduction 2 days ago, but decided to shoot 2u instead yesterday.
    So we're back to regularly scheduled program, and he already has me worried with that +7 BG 83,. Will it be one of those days instead of one of those nights or both?
    Taco, get your NADIR straightened out,pick a time and stick to it, please :kiss::stop:

AMPS 268,+3 181,+5 140,+7 83,+8 57,+8.5 46,+ 9 102,+9.5 103,+10.5 82,+11 71,PMPS 11:45 90, shot 2u, staying with that for a couple days,unless reduce is called for.+1 153,+3 149,+5 166,+9 208, +11 329

Last edited: Oct 19, 2018
  2. Gill & George

Gill & George Well-Known Member

If only they would do that, would make our lives a lot easier :rolleyes:

Have you fed that 83? With lev it's possible he hasn't nadired yet, I would try some LC, a couple of teaspoons to see if that will encourage him to surf, without tesortres to higher carb.

It's gone midnight, so have to hit the sack, good luck with test of the cycle.

Taco....! Play nice!

Cindy&Taco likes this.
  3. Cindy&Taco

Cindy&Taco Member

No , didnt do anything with the +7BG 83, tested at +8 BG 57, gave 1 tsp 13 carb, if dropping again at +8.5 will work with LC. Thanks :bighug:

4. Cindy&Taco

Cindy&Taco Member

+8.5 46 1/4 tsp honey

5. MrWorfMen's Mom

MrWorfMen's Mom Well-Known Member

Me thinks Taco is begging for another drop in dose! He seems to be on a mission and is seriously putting you through your paces!

Cindy&Taco likes this.
  6. Cindy&Taco

Cindy&Taco Member

Yes! He's kept us going today :( I'm wondering if I should mix in some 13 with his LC for his meal in 15-20 minutes, then immediately test and shoot 2 units and stick with that for a couple days. This steering is crazy ;)

7. MrWorfMen's Mom

If you test immediately after the meal that's fine but you definitely don't want to be making dosing decisions with any food influence involved the way Taco's been zooming down these days. Can you test first just to be safe or are you concerned he'll be needing food to keep him safe? Mixing the 13 carb with LC will probably put it in the neighborhood of 10% overall? Not sure what carb is in your LC food.

8. Cindy&Taco

Cindy&Taco Member

I have 2 carbs, and if I only put in say 2 tsp of 13, that shouldnt raise the carbs that much, or I can try a 6 carb? It's feeding time now, let me get his BG, but, he had 2 tsp of 13 carb a short while ago.

9. MrWorfMen's Mom

Hopefully he'll bounce a little but I agree a dose of 2u tonight is probably the best choice to be on the safe side. Ok. let's see what his reading is and then decide on the carb level.

10. Cindy&Taco

Cindy&Taco Member

BG @ +11:45 90

11. MrWorfMen's Mom

So it looks like he is on the way up albeit slowly. I'd probably give him a meal of 6% carb along with his insulin although I'm wondering if reducing a bit more to 1.75u for tonight would be safer. He's coming up a bit but whether he will bounce much is a guessing game. I'd feed him a normal LC meal and give him insulin and check him again an hour. If he isn't coming up then, you can give him some extra higher carb grub.
    ETA....just remembered he had that 13 carb snack at +11 so I'd definitely drop the dose down for tonight.

Cindy&Taco likes this.
  12. Cindy&Taco

Cindy&Taco Member

Thank you, will go for the LC and I think I'll stick with 2u :bighug:

13. MrWorfMen's Mom

Your call Cindy. Just wanted you to know it's OK to reduce a little more if you need/want to.

Cindy&Taco likes this.
  14. Cindy&Taco

Cindy&Taco Member

I really appreciate you helping me make a decision on the spur of the moment. Will test him at +1. I have a question about carbs? If DR Ps list says 6 carbs for 1 can and the cat only eats 1/2 can, would that be 3 carbs? Stupid question, but, he likes the small shebas a lot better than friskies and they are 3 carbs, so in reality I could have fed him 1-2 shebas, am I thinking right? At least he got his miralax in that 1/2 can, and I can offer him a sheba in a little while, he's not that hungry right now, he gets really hungry when hes in the 50-70s. After that we have to hold the dish and walk around on our hands and knees :rolleyes:

15. Cindy&Taco

Cindy&Taco Member

?? If DR Ps list says 6 carbs for 1 can and the cat only eats 1/2 can, would that be 3 carbs? Stupid question, but, he likes the small shebas a lot better than friskies and they are 3 carbs, so in reality I could have fed him 1-2 shebas, am I thinking right?

16. MrWorfMen's Mom

OMG! You just made me giggle till there were tears in my eyes with that comment. I have a geriatric, somewhat senile old furry guy who nibble and goes from his food to his water bowl and then forgets where his food is, so I too, do the food shuffle. Not to mention a certain little xtra sweet girl who likes to pilfer her brother's food if allowed. I feel like a school cafeteria monitor! :woot:

Now on the food front, I never thought in those terms ie 1 can would be 3% or whatever of carbs and half can being 1.5%. I figured whatever amount I put down of 3% carb food would have 3% carbs in it. Obviously if they eat more, then there will be more carbs to deal with but the amount of food is not going to raise the carb %. Figure out how many calories Taco needs and feed him the necessary amount to maintain his weight if he's at his ideal. So no I don't think 2 Shebas are going to equate to 6% carbs. If you want to up the carb% then you could add a teensy bit of honey to the 3% food.

17. Cindy&Taco

Cindy&Taco Member

@MrWorfMen's Mom
    You mean to tell me you don't crawl around on your hands and knees, GEE, you mean mother :D And the best part is when you put your knee down on one of those small hard doggie bones, oh, the words :banghead: Such is life at the crazy compound, as I call it. I'm still hobbling around from 2 weeks ago,when I went to test Taco and fell off a memory foam pad and fell on a glass table and twisted my ankle. We have memory foam down in the LR for those that watch TV(not me) because we are in the process of trying to move to our new home, but, someone that meows has put a damper on things, plus our son. Motto, buy a house in May 2018 and be moved in by May 2019 :arghh:

MrWorfMen's Mom likes this.
  18. MrWorfMen's Mom

OUCH! Thank goodness no doggie biscuits here and no hard kibble bits anymore either. I knew something was missing. My problem is stepping in bits of soft food because my middle child seems to have an issue keeping food in his mouth while he keeps an eye out for the pilfer Queen! Quite funny to watch but a royal PIA mess wise! Hope your ankle and any other bruising heals quickly! You mean you are not moving until May 2019? I'd be champing at the bit!

19. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Half of a six percent can is still six percent. It's percent carbs per calories. To make three %, mix half and half with zero % food.

It's the furries who get memory foam in our house. :p

Good luck with the reduction. All that green Taco has seen lately seems to have started something. :D Bit hard on the beans tho'.

20. Cindy&Taco

Cindy&Taco Member

I see you get some entertainment too, what would we do without it ;) I hope I was kidding when I said May 2019, I hope by Christmas if certain someones :) starts playing nice. I can't move if I have to crawl around :D My husband said a little bit ago, "I don't see how you do it" Hello? What am I supposed to do? I said this thing won't beat me, I have to keep going, Taco is a happy guy, you would never think he was diabetic, until he goes in the greens ,then he sulks ;) Do watcha gotta do :)

21. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I hope one day soon Taco likes the greens. Neko started out hiding under the bed for greens, and playing in low pink. Thankfully she reversed that.

Cindy&Taco likes this.
  22. Cindy&Taco

Cindy&Taco Member

Well, they're(the furries) the ones that watch TV, so,there you go. :p:D I'm the crazy one that cut up a brand new queen size memory pad to make a friend an Xtra large dog bed. Oh well,it turned out really good, zipper and all ;) They own me :D

MrWorfMen's Mom and Wendy&Neko like this.
  23. Cindy&Taco

Cindy&Taco Member

I hope so too, he sulks and shuts one of his eyes, he looks pathetic. He really likes the blues, as soon as he gets a blue he gets up and jumps 4 feet to his clubhouse and snoozes on top of it, like, I'm good now, GO!!

24. MrWorfMen's Mom

Is it a brand new home you are moving to? Up here, they routinely tell you move in dates that just seem to keep moving further and further out in some cases. Don't think I'd ever consider a new build for that reason. But then buying second hand isn't always a walk in the park either. Let's face it...moving is a pain no matter what.

Sounds like somebody spoils her kids with comfy spots at her own expense! :blackeye:

Funny I noticed that with Menace too. Took a while before she seemed "happy and playful" in the lower numbers.

25. Cindy&Taco

Cindy&Taco Member

No, it's not brand new, been there done that :) But this is a house that needed NOTHING done to it ,besides putting up a doggie yard for the littles, and that's already up. We just have members in our home that like to hold things up. ;) We can't ALL go to unpack what we do have there, because Taco can't behave, then our son, gets really confused,he's too much for our daughter to handle and he wants to move, but he wants to bring everything he's owned litteraly since he was born,42 years, so I have to do things in secret and he always has his eye on me.AND the 7 pets, Life is fun :)

26. MrWorfMen's Mom

Oh Cindy. I have the same problem with my SIL with Down Syndrome who is just shy of 46 yrs. old. She refuses to throw anything out because everything seems to have some memory attached or sentimental value to her. She hoards and won't throw out clothes she's had so long they are basically threadbare because her Mother, who passed away years ago, bought them for her. I've gone so far as to go buy her a pile of new clothes as a bribe and then she never wore them and continued to put on the old crappy stuff with stains and holes. It's high time I went over to do another cleanout but I have been procrastinating because it is a very trying process. Good luck! I feel for you!

Looks like Taco is going to bounce a bit after his adventurous swim in the lagoon today. I'm heading off to give my furkid her allergy pill and then I'm off to bed. Hope you get to catch some ZZZZZ's tonight. Looks like Taco is going to give you a break. YEAH! :bighug:

Cindy&Taco likes this.