temptations not a good treat?

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by melba tee, Nov 18, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. melba tee

melba tee Member

I could not find temptations on the list of low carb healthy treats under health links. The bag says 30% crude protein. I thought that was good.

2. Kimmied

Kimmied Member

I think I read some where, that one and along with the one that I used to give Hank ( Purina Whisker Lickin's, soft treat) is considered "kitty candy"!

Hank loves it but too high in carbs. Now I use it to raise his sugar levels if need be. Oh, it does too!

Kimmie

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

We have one member who used Temptations as a high carb treat to bring up her cat when her blood sugar is low. Best to stick to a pure meat treat. Temptations have corn, rice and wheat flour - all carbs.

4. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

The freeze dried meat-only treats seem to be the best. I purchase the dog ones sine it is less expensive.

5. rhiannon and shadow (GA)

rhiannon and shadow (GA) Well-Known Member

6. Deb & Wink

Deb & Wink Well-Known Member

I've also used freeze dried liver treats. My local mom and pop pet food store stocked the Whole Life brand of liver treats. Here is a link to some at Chewy.com for chicken liverhttp://www.chewy.com/dog/whole-life-pure-chicken-liver-freeze/dp/36840 or this one for beef liver http://www.chewy.com/dog/whole-life-pure-beef-liver-freeze/dp/30232

I stopped buying the Temptations, even for my 2 civies, once Wink joined my family, since the Temptations and a lot of other hard crunchy treats have high carb ingredients like corn, wheat, rice.

Now, I only have to open ANY type bag that makes that crinkly sound like the Pure Bites treats come in (think a bag of almonds) and the cats come running. ohmygod_smile

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.