? Tinker 10/04/2019 AMPS 200 +4 196

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Tinker's Mom, Oct 4, 2019.

1. Tinker's Mom

Tinker's Mom Member

I think I might have gone too shallow with his shot this morning.

I am thinking of changing his dose to .8 or .9 (as best I can measure... less than 1). He has been at .75 for 7 days. Does that sound like a plan?

Thanks!!

2. Tinker's Mom

Tinker's Mom Member

P.s. it is still 90 degrees here in Tennessee :joyful:

Sue and Luci likes this.
  3. Sue and Luci

Sue and Luci Well-Known Member

I hope that's the magic dose amount for Tinker! They say the heat will break soon...it's all gone from up north...getting too cold here...soon it'll be there too :)

Tinker's Mom likes this.
  4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

SLGS says to go up by 0.25 units, which would be much easier to measure. It’s been a week, might be a better dose now. Insulin needs can change.

Here is the link to your previous post here. We include those links for continuity. http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/tinker-10-01-2019-amps-220-3-218-6-193.219924/

I hope you have heard this before, but it’s very important to get night time tests, such as just before bed. We dose based on lows and many kitties go lower at night.

Tinker's Mom likes this.
  5. Tinker's Mom

Tinker's Mom Member

Thank you! You all are so helpful. I will do a skinny 1 unit.

I keep forgetting about night time tests. I will try to do that more! Does it help even to get +2 or +3 at night?

6. Tinker's Mom

Tinker's Mom Member

I updated his sheet. We are going to bed. :)

20191004_230850.jpg

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Yes, a +2 or +3 can really help. If the +2 is quite a bit lower than the preshot, it means an active cycle that will require more monitoring. Ornif you cannot monitor, make sure you leave lots of food out for him to eat to keep himself safe.

Tinker's Mom likes this.