Tonka 16/3 AMPS 94 PMPS 104, +3 83 (OTJ Trial day 4)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by jmalasiuk, Mar 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmalasiuk

jmalasiuk Member

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

For now he's still in normal numbers. Just do a test in 3 hours and see what happens. You don't need to worry unless he starts creeping out of normal number range. The depot is gone so Tonka is showing what he can do on his own now. Did you ever get blood work done for Tonka before his FD diagnosis to know what "normal" is for him?

Happy Day 4! :)

3. jmalasiuk

jmalasiuk Member

No, Tonka had never had blood work done before. He was always the ridiculously healthy one who just complained very loudly about having to go to the vet even for his annual check-ups... :p

4. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

Happy day 4! Normal is good. I think some run high normal. Max did for years. :):D:D:D:D

5. julie & punkin (ga)

julie & punkin (ga) Well-Known Member

I wouldn't worry yet - just try to spread out his meals so he isn't eating too much at once.

and congrats on day 4! My fingers, toes and eyes are all crossed for you guys!:D:D:D:D

6. jmalasiuk

jmalasiuk Member

Thanks for the encouragement, everyone. That's good to know, that some cats just run higher. Maybe that's his case too. Just have to see if he stops creeping up.
    Thanks for the advice on feeding, too, Julie. From what I've seen when I can monitor him, though, he does spread out his own eating through the day: it's a relatively rare day that he gobbles it all down right away, and the other evening when he did eat his full meal in one shot, he was still a nice level in the morning. He did the same tonight, though, and is down to 83 now. I'm going to wait and see where he is tomorrow, after this latest gorge-fest. If he's higher by morning, I'll assume that other day was a fluke and try to find a way to spread out his meals. Maybe if I put out half his food in frozen form, so that he has to wait for it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.