Tonka 3/21 AMPS 95 +3 94, PMPS 126 - uh oh, +3 108 (OTJ Trial Day 9)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by jmalasiuk, Mar 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jmalasiuk

jmalasiuk Member

Yesterday: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...-pmps-95-otj-trial-day-8.134910/#post-1390932

He was so nice and stable, hovering between 85 and 105, but tonight he rose out of the normal range... can't figure out why because he was grazing all day, and finished off the last of his food around +9 or 10, so he shouldn't have had any real trouble keeping up with the food. I'll test him in a few hours and see where he goes - hopefully he'll come back down again.

Do you think it might be his teeth that could be keeping him hovering at the higher end of normal all this time? I haven't had him back to the vet since she prescribed the antibiotics to bring down the infection in his gums back in January. We were waiting for him to stabilize before rescheduling his dental, but now I'm afraid that this might be what's keeping him a touch on the higher side.

He was a lazier cat than usual today, sleeping it away (foggy and drizzling outside, makes me want to sleep too), so maybe that was part of it too.

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

A need for a dental could be keeping him a little higher, but he's not that far off normal. Let's see what he looks like in 3-4 hours.

Still looking good on Day 9.:)

3. jmalasiuk

jmalasiuk Member

Coming down a bit at +3. He's not terribly impressed by the autofeeder - it's hard to get the last crumb of food out of the deep compartments, and he figures that he ought to have more offered to him as soon as he wants it. Poor guy. We'll see if he figures out the "thunk" noise before Teeger does tonight when it goes off in about half an hour. Teeger has an advantage there, though, because it's his old feeder.

4. Vyktors Mum

Vyktors Mum Well-Known Member

I wouldn't panic yet, Vyktor threw me a couple of numbers like that in his OTJ trial but if a dental is needed maybe you should go ahead and schedule it now, he's certainly stabilised. Go Tonka :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.