? Tuesday UPDATE (01/09/18) 1/8 Izzy PMPS 141 (WWYD, shoot reduced or not at all?)

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Izzy2017, Jan 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Izzy2017

Izzy2017 Member

Condo: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...update-1-7-119-pmps-help.189279/#post-2106169

He was also 141 last night and we gave his usual dosage and then he went a bit too low for my liking. Poked him when I could today and got 106 (+8) and 104 (+10).

I don't think we are going to shoot tonight since last night I was unable to get his midcycle numbers and am not sure how low it went. Any advice on WWYD in our situation? I don't want to have him bounce up and down since we didn't shoot but I also don't want to cut it really close since I can't stay up and test him all night.

-Kayla

2. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Since you are feeding dry food, that means following SLGS, which says that last night's numbers earned a reduction down to 3.75 units. Chances are he will keep rising tonight. Another option for you is to shoot a reduced dose, may 2.0 units, to help prevent him from skyrocketing. You might still need that before bed test.

I personally would shoot, up that's because I had the data to do so and was following TR.

3. Izzy2017

Izzy2017 Member

We decided not to shoot since yesterday was too low and I don't feel like we have enough information to safely shoot for 4u.

His last shot was last night and we did not give him a shot this morning since he was at 80. Without insulin during the day he went from 80 up to 141 with the +10 being 104. I think we are going to hold tight and see where he is in the morning before his shot and giving him a reduced dose or no dose at all if he is still low.

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

See what I said above. He is done with 4 units, his new dose is 3.75 units.

5. Izzy2017

Izzy2017 Member

He was up to 345 and last time we gave insulin was 4 units at 7:30 p.m. on Saturday night.

We gave him 2 units this morning at 7 a.m.--we have to leave him alone for at least 5 hours, I will try to get out of work early and test/see how he is, but I have to keep my job to pay for food so it's a juggling act here.

Thanks again for your help

Sue

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.