Tyler &M: 9thMarch : AMPS 176

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by PussCatPrince - GA, Mar 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. PussCatPrince - GA

PussCatPrince - GA Well-Known Member

Last condo from ages ago.

++Star date and time on the poop deck of the Tytastical Catshi* ++
    10.10am Friday 9th March 2018​

Today will be the first time of my giving Ty his B12 shot. Hopefully I get it right first time and don't give myself a wee B12 sky rocket booster.

I've been a bit naughty as without informing Dr 'Bones' the vet I have raised Tyler's shot dose to 1.5 from the 1.25 just because the pink data stuff on the SS was too hard on my own eyes. Ty was fine with it.

Still on an impasse about his diet as not really sure which way to go. Presently on the prescript stuff of wet renal/wet intestinal with pumpkin and a bit of rice as a sorta status quo holding diet. I may try a little raw venison today & see what happens. I did try the plain poached chicken but I'm not at all sure it was helpful to his rear end.

His neuropathy is gone or so it seems to me @JeffJ . He is unsteady but that is from muscle tone weakness and some loss of weight since hospital. He is defo up on those dancing toes.

The fl EPI test has not happened. At least not yet. Vet suggested holding off and see how Ty is over the next few weeks. Of course I can flag if I have concerns & I have asked the husbandit to mention the continuing soft stools when he pops to the vet today to buy some more platinum wrapped prescript food.

Yup. On the poop front and since Ty's last visit to his now home from home ,Vet Clinic, Ty has produced just the one normal poo log. Mostly it has been of the soft cow pat variety of varying degrees of formed and a LOT of it the past few days. This morning Phil was faced with all 3 trays annointed and a bonus poop in the shower.
    Of course this then sticks to you know where, so you know who has to then clean we know what from you know where. That's rather tough on me and Ty's relationship, hence the reason why the earhole tests are thin on the ground. Gives him some peace as once/twice daily clean ups are taxing .

Meanwhile Ty is just being Ty. Things being what they are , we no longer get to snuggle or cuddle really. Purrs are rare. Quirky upright pads are no more. I'm getting used to no Ty on the bed or the sofa. But he is here as Ty , even with the poodle cut , so my own world still turns . It is still me for him & him for me through thick and thin.

TYLER READINGS-page-001.jpg

Alicia & Maggie (GA) and JeffJ like this.
  2. PussCatPrince - GA

3. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Your sense of humor is fantastic. I am so sorry you lost your cuddle buddy though.

Sounds like there are some improvements and then still some crap to deal with.

I am afraid I will end up someone wiping my butt when I am old. Must be very disturbing to poor Tyler.

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
  4. PussCatPrince - GA

Call it my Grim Fandango rictus grin.

I fear the possibility of an onslaught to my rear end also if and when I reach the geriatric stage. I had to do this for my old Dad for a while and it's tough with or without humour. Also cared for my Mum although she became disabled , not geriatric and looking back at all of that it must have been so hard for my parents to have to let their child see to personal needs for them when the need arose. I just used to make light of it and if needs be bare the same parts to bring us to the same level of indignity. After all they saw all of me from my very first day. :oops:

5. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

6. PussCatPrince - GA

Ahem. Update.
    - and I did. Give the shot that is. I didn't get it into Ty mind you due to a slight mis-management of the fur tunnel on my part. Not sure how much went in and how much exploded out of the fur tunnel on the other side.

Anyway. We soldier on.

My thoughts are a bit with my classmate and mucker, Heidi , right now. I've not been around too much this week at all but have now read that Myagi still isn't picking up despite all best efforts. Big :bighug: to them both.

7. JeffJ

JeffJ Well-Known Member

All things considered, Tyler is doing quite well for a very very old kitteh. I am really glad to hear that his neuropathy has mostly gone away. It is so challenging to deal with that. Some arthritis is expected at his age...heck most cats don't make it to that age!

Sorry to hear about the poop-age saga. That is real challenging in the smell department and the cat/owner relationship.

What a great picture. Also your house is so clean...to make us all jealous of course.

PussCatPrince - GA likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.