Tyler's BG Levels

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by Diane Tyler's Mom, Jan 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

Hi everyone, I have been home testing him for quite awhile now. Two people on this site created the spreadsheet for me and again I thank you. I could not write on it though or download the Google sheets. I contacted the maker of my tablet and I can't write on the spreadsheet because my tablet is old. I would need a newer version. Anyway Tyler's readings have been between 100-199. I am also giving him the Zobaline, he is walking better but still not like he was. He's jumping on the couch and chairs which is good. He is eating the Hills M/D and I know it's higher in carbs than the Fancy Feast Classics Chicken Pate. I have to put a little bit of it on top of the M/D so he eats it. I just emailed Purina and asked them how many carbs were in the Chicken Classic Pate and they said 0.9%. I thought it was less by going what the food chart said which was 0.3%. He doesn't even eat a whole can of the M/D 5.5 ounce can, I would say he eats about less than half a can twice a day. When I asked my vet about the Fancy Feast she said she saw a lot of cats that got urinary tract infections from it, that's why I gave the M/D, but he likes the Fancy Feast so much better. I am going to talk to her again. I'm tired of trying to get him to eat the M/D , constantly putting the Fancy Feast on top of it every couple of minutes lol. He was 23 lbs always, then when I noticed something was wrong with him, took him to my vet and he was 18 lbs. He is a big cat but she wants to aim for 16 lbs slowly of course. Now he started to look like he put weight on so I weighed him recently and he weighed almost 20 lbs. Oh Boy. I can't see how he put on weight when he is not even eating 2 cans a day of the M/D .He does lay around all day long. I have been playing with him in order to get him to run a little bit, he's a big log lol. I know he is feeling like himself because he is attacking his brother every now and then. I have not done the curve test yet, but I will see my vet in about 2 weeks to bring my other cat in for his check up, he has kidney disease, his name is Perry , he's been doing ok. He also had seizures and is on 2 medications for 2 yrs now. He hasn't had a seizure for almost 1 yr now. So when I see my vet I will show her Tyler's BG numbers and most likely will do the first curve test. He is on 6-1/2 units of Vetsulin yet. I am going by what someone here told me was a sliding scale when I posted what the instructions were from my vet. HoprHopef soon I will get a newer tablet so I can do the spreadsheet. It's just been so expensive between the both of them. Sorry this was so long, just wanted to let you know how Tyler's been doing. You all have been very helpful, and thanks to the 2 members who tried to help me with the spreadsheet. You know who you are, I'm sorry I forgot your names. He was diagnosed on 9-21-18

Last edited: Jan 29, 2019
    flyingduster likes this.
  2. Tracey&Jones (GA)

Tracey&Jones (GA) Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jan 30, 2019
  3. Diane Tyler's Mom

Diane Tyler's Mom Well-Known Member

I don't know where she got that idea either, lol . I am going to question her again when I bring Tyler's brother in on 2-8-19 for his blood work. I would rather give the Fancy Feast instead of the M/D because first of all the cost, and second of all I'm tired of having to add the Fancy Feast on top of the M/D every time he starts to eat. He really does like the Fancy Feast. I did notice when I add more of the Fancy Feast his poop was really soft, so I assume that will subside , I'll go slow. I can't thank you enough

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.