Vet gave wrong info

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Bee, Jul 16, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Bee

Bee Member

Oh my thanks to @Chris & China i discovered the vet had showed/gave me wrong info. He showed me how to give Rocky insulin. Said go to the 1st line and said that was 1 u. Turns out i was giving him 0.0 u . No wonder he didnt change much. So starting tomorrow I will start .5 u and see if that does anything. I am so shocked . so happy i found this place id be lost . i probably know more about diabetic cats from here then the vet does.

2. Bronx's dad (GA)

Bronx's dad (GA) Well-Known Member

Wow, that is quite a mistake for the vet to make. Make sure to change your SS, Rocky was probably still getting some insulin, but I don't know how much of a micro dose the first line is?

Bee likes this.
  3. JanetNJ

JanetNJ Well-Known Member

Wow... It will be interesting to see what happens now. When my vet tech explained the process of drawing it up and injecting my head was swimming and nervous so I asked her if I could video tape her instructions which she agreed to. I watched her video about 10 times before it was time to do it myself the next day. It really helped.

4. Bee

Bee Member

The vet told me yea to the 1st line there. He showed me then had me show him he was like great u got it. He was telling me it was 1 u .

5. Tasha & Darwin

Tasha & Darwin Well-Known Member

As a vet tech, I've had people ask me to tape my instructions too! I would think it would help a great deal! Now that I have a diabetic kitty and am home testing, I get to be the one to go over all of the new diabetic consults - ha!

Yikes! Interested to see what happens now!!

6. Bee

Bee Member

Also wonder when he told me to try 2 u in the pm if he meant .5 since he was telling me 1u was the 0 line. I dunno but im glad ive asked here because i would be following the vet advice. I don't think he as much experience in this department. He gave me no advice on diet home testing hypo hyper nothing ..

7. Bobbie And Bubba

Bobbie And Bubba Well-Known Member

Glad you realized the mistake and hopefully you will see some movement.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.