What?? AMPS 388 +4 166 +5 141 +7 297 PMPS 446

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by RobinHarley, Dec 5, 2018.

1. RobinHarley

RobinHarley Member

Some of you helped me the other day... we are getting ready to do a curve on Harley. Also gave me advice about my vet, etc., ...

Anyway the curve just to see how he is doing every 2 hours of the day type thing... because he is staying high and flat. Haven't been able to get him out of the 400s and higher mid 300s.

Doing the curve on Friday... (lost depot because of vet suggestion, waiting for it to build back up) but today... What went on today?

We've been at this dose for like 20 days (I know, far too long, was listening to vet instead of gaining help from here). But today he woke up at 388, dosed 1.5u, and he seemed to be interested in food again when I left for a work meeting at +2.5 but nothing unusual for him so I didn't think much of it. Got home, had some breakfast myself. He walked by and wanted a bite I said "no, but i'll give you a shrimp treat if you let me test your BGs" went and grabbed the treats and tested and he is now 166 at +4....

I am curious to see what this curve does... does anyone have any explanation or ideas or is this just a "thing" that happens?

2. RobinHarley

RobinHarley Member

P.S don't get me wrong, I don't think this is bad, just curious as to why all of a sudden everything could be "working" or is it just a fluke little thing... or...

also curious to see if this was a drop since he was so hungry again 2 hours after his shot and he is coming back up... or...

3. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

4. RobinHarley

RobinHarley Member

I'm not sure how to edit titles?

+5 141

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Here's the link to your previous post. We includes those for continuity and so people can see what was said previously: http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/curve-with-lantus-any-different.207445/

Good catch today. Harely has shown you upper blues before on this dose, not really a surprise to see that mid blue pop in today mid cycle. His depot is now building for the 1.5 unit dose, after the skip and fur shot.

On your first post of the day, on the upper right there should be an "Edit Title" menu.

Bellasmom and RobinHarley like this.
  6. RobinHarley

RobinHarley Member

Thank you @Wendy&Neko for posting my previous day and for showing me how to edit that, I finally found it hiding under the "thread tools".

Yes, I had seen one high blue in this dosing before, but wasn't sure if it meant anything. But can see now, it possibly could be leading to some trends. Hoping to see how this all goes, especially with our curve and not having to increase him.

Bellasmom and Wendy&Neko like this.
  7. RobinHarley

RobinHarley Member

+7 297

So... 166 was such a different number I checked twice to make sure. Then this 297 after the 141 I checked twice too, out of the same poke (wiped clean and got more blood out of it).

At +6 it was lunch time. The rest of what he got for breakfast, friskies pate. I get Freskies poulty pate and seafood pates and mix them up so I just reach into the bag and get one out... should I be feeding a single flavor ever time? I never thought of this...

Or is this usual still...

8. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

All normal, his body isn’t used to mid blues yet so he’s bouncing.

As for food, I always mixed it up. That way if they go off one food or the manufacturer changes the recipe, you have alternatives.

RobinHarley and Sue and Luci like this.
  9. RobinHarley

RobinHarley Member

PMPS 446... whoa... so could he have dropped or could his body taking the new low numbers as a drop right now? He got into no extra food, was put up all day.

Edited to add: I see @Wendy&Neko actually answered my question in your post! :)