When one of your other cats seems "off"

Discussion in 'Feline Health - (Welcome & Main Forum)' started by JeanW, Oct 8, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JeanW

JeanW Member

I've never worried about SweetPea but she has not seemed right yesterday and today. It seemed to start after eating some different LC wet canned food. After that she was literally begging me for food and finally I gave her just a tiny bit of dry food (I've just been transitioning her off of dry food and thought we were done - she was usually eating the Nature's Logic that Pretty Girl eats).

The wet food from yesterday afternoon was something different - it was Nature's Variety the low carb chicken and then later Organix, not Nature's Logic. She did eat at least some of both. She didn't eat much last night or this morning - it's like she's sworn off the wet food now and would rather not eat than eat that.

This morning she enthusiastically ate some turkey and a few pieces of treats, about 1 bite of wet food and 1 bite of dry food. She still seems "off". She came and sat by me when I asked her to and purred and purred - but she doesn't look right when I see her eyes. How long do you let things ride to see how it's going? It's hard not to be a Nervous Nelly!

2. Larry and Kitties

Larry and Kitties Well-Known Member

I typically give it 24-36 hours before off to the vet.

JeanW and Kris & Teasel like this.
  3. JeanW

JeanW Member

Thank you.

4. Candy&Company

Candy&Company Member

Fena recently started doing this, and I still don't know why. It happened 2 days ago, and she's back to her usual self now - nothing new was introduced though so I'm still at a loss. Though she DID have some pretty big bowel movements - so maybe your baby is passing some stool-balls as I call them? Hairballs in the stool? Or the weather too - here it went from warm to cold for awhile, then back to warm/hot and it effected their eating. But I agree, 48 hours tops, then the vet.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.