Which test strips are comparable to AlphaTrak2?

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by DonnaBee, Aug 22, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DonnaBee

DonnaBee Member

Alpha Trak test strips go up each time I order on Amazon. Is there an alternative strip that I can get that's cheaper that would work on the meter?

2. DebG

DebG Well-Known Member

I have heard there are other brnds that work on Alpha Trak meters but I don't remember which ones.
    I order mine from ADW out of Florida, not sure what your paying but you might want to check.
    A lot of them use the human meters. I don't so I can't tell you which is a good one.

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Many of us use human meters, mostly because the test strips are so much cheaper. That and our dosing methods are written using numbers from human meters.

4. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

I've heard of Freestyle Lite strips.

5. Chubba (GA)

Chubba (GA) Well-Known Member

I just ordered off of adw online. They were the same price (maybe a dollar more) as amazon. Like you said, the price just keeps increasing. Check out retailmenot.com
    I found a 10% off coupon. Plus I signed up for auto ship, which saved another 5%. With all the discounts, I ended up gettting the strips for about $30 cheaper than amazon. I ordered the strips Monday afternoon and they were shipped by Monday night.

6. DonnaBee

DonnaBee Member

Thanks DebG, and Mandy & Rex, will look at ADW and Freestyle.

I'll have to look into human meters after a while, once I get a handle on Pumpkins dose. Thanks Wendy&Neko.

7. DonnaBee

DonnaBee Member

Wow Chubba, that's great!

8. Christie & Maverick

Christie & Maverick Well-Known Member

I've started using freestyle lite strips in my AT2 machine. There's an interesting discussion here:

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...test-strips-in-alphatrak.182282/#post-2022814

Good comments about accuracy of the machine, and a lot of folks have compared multiple readings between Freestyle lite and the alphatrak strips. If I were to ever be worried about any reading, I would do a second test, and still keep AT2 strips on hand. But day to day readings, I've been using the freestyle lites, and they work just fine.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.