? Yemala 11/5 AMPS 161; +4 116; +6 100; +9 148; PMPS 185

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Hroswitha, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Hroswitha

Hroswitha Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/...ps-163-4-68-6-63-pmps-134-3-118-4-122.205924/

As Yemala is back to her old self, we are looking to re-evaluate her dosage. On just a drop of Lantus, over the past several cycles, she has managed to stay pretty even and low. However, our ultimate goal is remission.

So we're considering bumping the dose up to something between .1 and .25, if possible, and resume more frequent monitoring to make sure she doesn't slide too low.

What do others think?

Tracey&Jones (GA) likes this.
  2. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Can't advise on dosing, but she sure is looking great on one drop.
    I hope you are in OTJ trials soon :)

3. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Not sure why you reduced from 0.1 units to a drop. Jill suggested going back to 0.1 units a couple days ago, and I agree.

4. Hroswitha

Yemala is still in recovery from pancreatitis. She was completely off her food from Thursday through early Saturday, and was being syringe fed some meat smoothies. At the veterinarian's advice, we halved her dose as best we could, which would mean a drop.

All of this is in her chart.

Our plan was to wait until she was back to eating normally, see where her numbers were, and assess an appropriate dose at that point. I think we're about there now.

I cannot increase her dose tomorrow. No one will be here to monitor, and she has a tendency to drop fast. However, Tuesday night, we can start a new dose.

We're thinking of something between a drop and .1 to start.

5. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

OK, maybe 2 drops? Your first post said something between 0.1 and 0.25 units.

6. Hroswitha

I can see Davey's face even though he's not here. He's the expert doser, and I'm not sure he would have any idea how to pull a 2 drop dose.

But if needed, he can try...

7. Hroswitha