Yemala 12/17 AMPS 107; +4 66; +8 100; PMPS 106; +1 72; +6 102

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Hroswitha, Dec 17, 2018.

1. Hroswitha

Hroswitha Well-Known Member

2. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Yemala's got a rhythm going, doesn't she? The preshots definitely changed after those green starts on 12/12 and 12/13.
    Do you happen to regularly give her a +8 or +9 snack?
    @Wendy&Neko recommends a nocarb or lowcarb snack for giving the pancreas a little kickstart to help lower the preshots.

3. Hroswitha

Mala gets mini meals in the course of the day.

So today, as an example, it's +4 and she's getting tested and, once I get the blood, she is given the remainder of her breakfast. She never eats everything in the dish in one sitting. She'll nibble for a couple of minutes, get praise and pets, then, once full, settle down for a nap.

Something similar will happen at +6, which is the next test we try to get, and we'll test again at +8. If possible, we don't feed her after +8.

If she doesn't eat really low carb food, she'll get some boiled chicken. She had some last night around +7, sharing the treat with my feral foster boys. The chicken seems to satisfy her more than the cat food at that point.

If there's something better to give as a late cycle snack, we will be happy to try.

4. Bellasmom

Bellasmom Well-Known Member

Very nice numbers

5. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Maybe Wendy can give some more ideas if she sees the earlier tag in this thread. I don't know what to recommend other than what you are already feeding.

6. Hroswitha

+8 is 100. I accidentally missed her +6. She just ate a few pieces of boiled chicken, but she's petitioning for more now. Not gonna get it, though. She has to wait for more food until PMPS.

7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Let me clarify that. There are certain circumstances, with kitty on a low dose and close to remission, where this may work. For most kitties, late cycles snacks are contraindicated as it can put the brakes on the insulin action and shorten duration.

Besides which, I know Mala is a grazer who does her own thing regarding food.:cat:

Rosie & Bailey likes this.
  8. Hroswitha

So tonight, it's around her +6 and Mala starts to demand food. She willingly tolerates an ear stick, as she associates that with her mini-meals. She gets tested, praised, then is given a low carb snack - either the remnants of her dinner, if any is left, or some boiled chicken.

Tonight, she ate appx. 1 T of her lc food after the stick. She's at 102. I would anticipate that she'll be around 110 by AMPS. We're continuing on the 1 drop for now, as she seems to need it. Onset can be as early as +1 - as evidenced today - or as late as +2. Her nadir is around +5 or +6. She's not been dipping below 50 of late, though we did get one reading in that vicinity about 5 days ago.

I want to move her into remission, but she's not showing signs that she is ready to go off that drop. I don't know how to push her that last step either.