? Yemala 12/2 AM dosing advice PMPS 104; +52; + 5 54

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Hroswitha, Dec 3, 2018.

1. Hroswitha

Hroswitha Well-Known Member

2. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

Great AMPS! I hope Mala realizes it's not too bad to give you green PS numbers because it can mean great things to come for her! :D

3. Hroswitha

We're hoping that this will nudge her into good numbers for an OTJ trial.

4. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

She is doing really great. Hope you are on the OTJ trial and permanently at the falls soon! :D

5. Hroswitha

I really wish this board allowed me to cuss without editing my vocabulary.

She couldn't have gotten more than two drops today - call it a fat drop - and now she's dropped below 40 again.

Yes, we want her in an OTJ trial, but I'm betting this isn't the way to get her there.

So what now?

Joanne&TinySole likes this.
  6. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Looks like the only way for her to safely get insulin is with more carbs on board. Got any medium carb she will eat? Do that half and half with her LC. Maybe skip tonight to drain the depot? 30 is awfully low and a reduction is strongly recommended.

Tortie! :cat:

Mandy & Rex (GA) and Bellasmom like this.
  7. Hroswitha

Torti, you know it.

There is some medium carb food she'll eat, and I can mix it with her regular. I really want to see a week of greens with a few low blues before the OTJ trial. But she must get our blood pressure going, mustn't she?

We'll shoot the same fat drop and feed a little higher carbs and see where we are.

tiffmaxee and Mandy & Rex (GA) like this.
  8. Hroswitha

102 for PMPS. She's eating her usual low carb food mixed with a T of medium carb stuff. She didn't get a snack after about +7, so she's hungry and really hitting the bowl hard.

9. Moms2Tigger&Blu

Moms2Tigger&Blu Member

I can not even fathom ever shooting that low. I am barely comfortable shooting blues!

10. Hroswitha

Pasted the AM numbers here. Her PM +2 is 52. She's eating mostly lc food now.

Loose stool from this little girl. Might need to follow through on getting her some more cerenia. It was grey, not green, but man it was a splop.

AMPS 69*; +2 41*; +4 30*; +5 45*; +7 79; +9 71;

We'll monitor her until she's past her typical nadirs. No food after +6 for this little girl. We want to keep those numbers in the green.

What to shoot tomorrow? Another fat drop, or just a drop, or what?

11. Hroswitha

We're trying to get Mala back into remission. She's gone to the falls twice, but it's harder this time. She older - 19 instead of 12 from the last time - and each remission is harder. We MUST shoot and be aggressive, but just watch her like crazy.

She does so love to torment us.

You have a seriously bouncy cat. Mala's numbers looked like that about 2 months ago, but it does get better. You're working the system, and Tigger is showing some good numbers. Cross paws, you'll get there.

Moms2Tigger&Blu likes this.
  12. Hroswitha

Okay. Brave Davey poked through the semi-liquid stink bomb Mala left us, and found it mostly centers on a hairball. I guess her digestive system is working properly. We don't often see her barf, so this is good? Maybe?

13. Hroswitha

Davey reports: Game of Thrones, couple-three seasons back; Tyrion gets a wild hair and goes down to the keep & says hi to a couple of Daenerys's dragons. He walks away from it, yay, zips back up the stairs, and says to Vaerys, who is waiting at the top, "Next time I have an idea like that...punch me in the face."

I feel ya, T.

14. Chris & China (GA)

Chris & China (GA) Well-Known Member

Well it's better to have a good idea of what caused it than to be totally in the dark!

Hopefully now that the hairball is out, she'll feel better!

15. Moms2Tigger&Blu

Moms2Tigger&Blu Member

he lives up to his name . . . Tiggers are apparently made of rubber and springs lol
    Good Luck!

16. Hroswitha

Tomorrow no one will be home from 9:00 AM to 12:30. That's about Mala's nadir point for the day.

What to shoot, what to shoot?

Any ideas? I can give her a little medium carb food mixed into her preferred lc breakfast, but I can't check her after about +3.

17. Joanne&TinySole

Joanne&TinySole Well-Known Member

Think safety first. I wouldn't shoot is she's low or had the inclination to go low.