? Yemala 12/2 AMPS 141; +3 90; +5 54; +10 111; PMPS 112; +4 121; +6 114

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Hroswitha, Dec 2, 2018.

1. Hroswitha

Hroswitha Well-Known Member

http://www.felinediabetes.com/FDMB/threads/yemala-12-1-amps-122-5-51-10-115-pmps-118-2-71.207296/

Anyone who has some advanced dosing experience, I would love to get some advice.

Yemala is in a static pattern and has been for a couple of weeks. On a single drop of insulin, she's about where I want her to be before starting an OTJ trial, but not quite. The nadirs are not quite low enough, the PS values are still too high in the 100s. I would love for her to be solidly in the greens before we begin.

But how to get her there?

Is it possible to shoot a 2 drop dose? How?

2. Mandy & Rex (GA)

Mandy & Rex (GA) Well-Known Member

I don't know if you want to increase with the 54 today and 51 yesterday.

Tagging @Wendy&Neko for her opinion.

3. tiffmaxee

tiffmaxee Well-Known Member

I agree that it’s not time to go OTJ. Adding a drop or two might help. As to how to measure I would practice with water or use digital calipers. You are so close. Good luck.

Mandy raises a good point. Are you giving a +8-9 snack?

4. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

I already suggested a higher carb food so you could increase. Got no other suggestions right now.

5. Hroswitha

I have tried her on a couple of slightly higher carb foods, and so far, it's no dice. The local Theissen's carries a lot of off-brand food, but very little of it will meet all our parameters. I have medium carb food with far too high a phosphate load, or low carb food that meets her needs but isn't getting her into remission.

I feel stuck.

We can try to experiment with two drops instead of one, and see where that gets her.

6. Hroswitha

We shot something like 2 drops tonight. We have made a pact that our demanding torti cannot have food past appx. +7 or +8. Typically, she prefers mini-meals every 2-2.5 hours. If we can curb that, we might see better PS numbers.