Yemala 12/31 OTJ trial day 12 AMBG 107; +5 88; +9 91; PMBG 93; +4 99

Discussion in 'Lantus / Levemir / Biosimilars' started by Hroswitha, Dec 31, 2018.

1. Hroswitha

Hroswitha Well-Known Member

2. carfurby (GA)

carfurby (GA) Well-Known Member

Happy Day 12!
    :D:D:D:D:cat::cat::cat::cat::):):):)

3. Osha

Osha Well-Known Member

Yay for day 12!:D

4. Joanne&TinySole

Joanne&TinySole Well-Known Member

Nice!!! Almost there!!!

5. Rosie & Bailey

Rosie & Bailey Well-Known Member

Happy Day 12!
    :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

6. Hroswitha

Snacking on Weruva again at +5. Good numbers so far.

Joanne&TinySole likes this.
  7. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

Thanks for the detailed answers on yesterday’s post. To summarize, it looks like Mala off the juice ran about 80 a couple hours after her meals, on the Onetouch. And you don’t have preprandial tests off the juice to compare. This time for the trial she is running a tiny bit higher after her meals, but you have a new meter which also runs a bit higher. Does that about sum it up?

Keep on truckin’ Mala. :D

8. Hroswitha

I think you about have it. From the gist of what you're posting, you think she's on track and I shouldn't stress on the slightly higher numbers, yes?

Love that.

9. JoyBee&Ravan

JoyBee&Ravan Well-Known Member

2 days to go!!!! What a Great way to start the NEW YEAR!:D:D:D

10. Wendy&Neko

Wendy&Neko Senior Member Moderator

The 176 yesterday was concerning, but I have also seen a kitty go above 400 from car travel during an OTJ trial, then bring it down at home. This time, I would keep a closer watch on her post trial. She may be one of those kitties that needs an occasional drop of insulin, or maybe not. That dose did bring her low. For now, just keeping fingers crossed.

11. Hroswitha

We think we know what happened with that number. Mala had gotten a little more sub-q fluids than usual the night before, and they seemed to pool in her left front leg. She seemed to be in pain from this - fidgety, withdrawn, growling if handled. That next AM, she refused her breakfast - which is unheard of unless she feels ill. We gave her pepcid and let her be. Around noon, she woke feeling better. The swelling was almost gone, and her appetite returned. Her numbers after eating were back to normal.

So we think this was discomfort inducing a high bg number. We'll give her less of the lactated ringers more frequently, and try to keep her from swelling.

Here's another weird thing I think I've just noticed:

If Mala has gone a longer period without eating, since starting the OTJ trial, her numbers are higher.

If she eats at a +9 or so, her numbers stay in green.

Is this even possible?

Last edited: Dec 31, 2018